Weirdsville - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Weirdsville Reviews

½ November 21, 2010
Outo, mutta tykkäsin tälläisestä aivottomasta pätkästä :))
November 15, 2010
Heh heh... tis funny i laughed sometimes.
½ October 25, 2010
It's been awhile since I have seen it. But I remmeber liking it.
September 17, 2010
Bon film de schmackos, un peu farfelu, alambiquer et drôle.
August 29, 2010
A dark comedy of the sort that involves lots of strange characters (in this case, some druggies in need of cash, a small Satanic cult, a rich hippie with an icicle in his head, and a group of midgets who re-enact medieval battles) and events that seem unrelated, but somehow tie together in the end. Not a unique concept, certainly, but a pretty entertaining flick nonetheless.
August 6, 2010
funny slacker comedy
½ July 9, 2010
Weirdsville (2007) -- [3.5] -- Over the course of one madcap evening, two stoners entangle with vengeful midgets and whacky devil worshippers while trying to find enough money to repay their dealer. Director Allan Moyle (Pump Up the Volume, Empire Records) phones this one in. The comedy is forced and the leads (Scott Speedman and Wes Bentley) fail to find the right tone for the piece. I know the budget must have been super low, but the film looks like it was shot and edited by high school students.
bbcfloridabound
½ May 21, 2010
As the title implies this film is kind of weird, in the same line of comedy as usual suspects. 2 potheads are in debt to a drug dealer, so we have a intertwining story with cults, midgets, and a teenage wanna be. Enjoyable and funny at times. A Canadian Comedy but no more the 3 1/2 stars.
May 7, 2010
There is a reason why this film is called Weirdsville. It is because it is very strange. The story is mostly about drugs and Satanic rituals. Oh yeah, and there are midgets that like to fantasy role play as knights. But what makes this film entertaining is all that I mentioned. It all starts with two buddies played by Scott Speedman and Wed Bentley. Speedman was decent in his role, but I really enjoyed Bently. When he was stoned it was very entertaining. But these two mistake their friend, played by Taryn Manning, has overdosed. That is how it all started and it just got weirder and weirder. Later on Greg Bryk comes in as a Satanic cult leader thinking that Manning has Satan in her because of a ritual gone wrong. It is really hard to explain this whole story. It is something to just watch. I wish it was less confusing, but at least it was pretty entertaining.
½ May 7, 2010
½ April 18, 2010
Outo elokuva. Mutta katsottava. Sanoisko, että erillainen elokuva.
½ March 21, 2010
Really lame Canadian bullshit. Why can't Canada make good movies?
March 20, 2010
Crazy surreal comedy- makes a good late night film. Generally funny throughout, but with moments of pure genius.
March 10, 2010
All you need to know is this has midgets in armor kicking the shit out of some idiots who want to make a sacrifice to Satan. This is not to mention all the other crazy shit that happens to two drug addicts who just need some money and want to save their prostitute friend.
LWOODS04
February 10, 2010
Scott Speedman, Wes Bentley, Taryn Manning, Greg Bryk, Randy Butcher, Matt Frewer

DIRECTED BY: Allan Moyle

When stoners Dexter and Royce mistakenly assume their friend Matilda has overdosed, they can't call the cops because she's OD'd on stolen drugs. So, they decide to bury her body themselves. Good news is she's not dead. Bad news is she wakes up just in time to interrupt a Satanic cult performing a ritual sacrifice in the same place the guys were going to bury her. Our heroes end up on the run from the Satanists, the drug dealer they stole the stash from, and a gang of angry little people all while trying to pull off a heist of their own. It's one crazy night in one crazy town!

The title of this movie totally fits it. It is my kind of movie. I love these off beat movies and all there weird quirks. Loved Wes Bentley in this movie. He was very different from other roles I have seen him in and very funny. The heist to me is the funniest part in the film. I also loved Scott Speedman. Great seeing him do different roles. Just a fun movie with some laughs and some weird situations.
November 28, 2009
Of all the movies I've watched which involve angry dwarfs, Satanists, and stoners... this is by far my favourite.
½ November 4, 2009
Totally hilarious heist gone wrong! Effete wannabe Satanists, bungling slacker junkies and testerone-fueled little people make this movie a scream :)
October 5, 2009
This movie is alot of fun despite it's flaws. Take it for what it is worth. Definitely silly but still highly entertaining. Way better than all the "Tyler Perry Madea goes to who gives a crap" and all the other sappy sticky cheesy romantic comedy junk that makes so much money at the box office.
September 27, 2009
In the Northern Ontario town of Weedsville live Dexter (Scott Speedman) and Royce (Wes Bently), two Heroin junkies, and their hooker/junkie friend Matilda (Taryn Manning). In debt to a dealer named Omar (whose use of Curling gear is unorthodox), things get worse when Matilda OD's on stolen goods. Deciding to dump the body at the local drive in, the two interupt a human sacrifice by a trio of Satanists...then Matilda wakes up and a chase around town involiving the three junkies the Satanists, Omar, and a pack of Midgets begins.

Hilarious comedy set in my neck of the woods. Speedman and Bently are great and work well together. The dynamic between the three friends feels real (Royce and Matilda are an item, Dexter has a thing for Matilda even if he won't admit it to himself). There thrown into one insane night (also involving Matt Frewer as a hippy millionare with an iceical lodged in his head). If you like Trailer Park Boys or Harold and Kumar you'll like Weirdsville. Check it out.