Welcome Home Brother Charles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Welcome Home Brother Charles Reviews

½ March 12, 2014
(10%)
A poor blaxploitation crime drama that is nowhere near as fun as the premise would have you think. There is only one scene in the whole movie that is worth a look when his you-know-what takes out the bad detective, the rest is forgettable and not worth watching.
½ August 22, 2013
Welcome Home Brother Charles (or as it was released on video: Soul Vengeance) is a pretty terrible movie about a black man being wrongfully arrested, convicted and then set free, whereupon he goes out into the world to take vengeance on the white people that wronged him. That's it in a nutshell, and sounds like your standard blaxsploitation movie plot. Where this one differs, however, is the inclusion of the film's 'mostly' hidden star: Charles' enormous penis that is several feet long and not only overpowers women (with a little help from telekinesis, I believe), but also can strangle his victims. Unfortunately, the only scene where you actually see this taking place on screen doesn't occur until the third act of the movie. By then, you'll probably be bored out of your mind, if you hadn't shut it off already. That scene is hilarious and worth waiting for if you can suffer through it all. It sort of ends without much of a resolution to anything too. I can't say that I'd recommend it, but die-hard blaxsploitation fans may enjoy it. It's nothing like you've seen before, but yet it is. It's just a bad movie with one good scene in it.
great stuff here...maaaang!
May 26, 2012
In what must be the most bizarre of all 70s "blaxploitation" films, drug dealer Charles is busted by two racist cops, one of whom attempts to castrate him. After three years in prison, he is released with his penis not only intact but now endowed with magical powers. He gets revenge on the cops, prosecutor and judge who put him away by seducing their wives with his mesmeric dong before killing them with it.
In one mind-boggling scene, we actually see Charles' penis grow, slither across a room and strangle a man to death! Amazing!
Producer-writer-director-editor Jamaa-Fanaka's other credits include "Black Sister's Revenge" and "Penitentiary".
½ May 26, 2012
This movie has to be seen to be believed ! If you like pure Ghetto B type movies you will not be disappointed. A black man after getting his dick cut by a racist cop finds out that he has the power to enlarge it and hypnotize white women with it. LOL Not kidding. There is one scene where it grows at least 10 feet (not inches) and chokes someone.
Damn you Karl......

:-)
May 26, 2012
I can't lie to you. For the most part, this movie really sucks big-time. It is a politically charged art-house statement on war and racism disguised as a blaxploitation film. But come on, an hour in, the director symbolizes the white mans fear of the black man by having his lead character choke a man to death with his 7 foot long penis. They don't make them like this anymore.
May 26, 2012
This is one of the worst movies I've EVER SEEN. Nothing happens for an hour and a half except stock footage clips of black people dancing... and then somebody strangles someone else with a 20 foot cock! and then he jumps off a building. THAT IS THE FUCKING MOVIE! NEGATIVE 1 million stars.
May 26, 2012
Not a terrible film. It's heart is in the right place. The film plays as a basic framed guy getting his revenge and trying to make good type blacksploitation film but in the final act there is revealed to be a supernatural element to the picture. See, Brother Charles has a GIGANTIC penis that he strangles his victimizers with. It's far out, brother. but not an unrewarding little slice of 42nd Street grindhouse nostalgia.
May 26, 2012
wow - proper exploitation flick - with a mutant cock!
½ May 26, 2012
When a man strangles another man with his penis, you know it's gold.
May 26, 2012
I have seen a lot of bad things in my life but I really do not think anything could have prepared me for this movie. Charles is imprisoned for three years, he gets out to discover the world has moved on without him (his ex now strips! his brother wants to join a gang! the director still cannot frame anything properly!) and quickly gets down to bringing vengeance against those who wrongly locked him up. I am purposely keeping this vague becasue the less you know about this film, the better. I would give this zero stars if I could but there are two things warranting my generous gift of a star: the film celebrates its low budget (my DVD copy proudly advertises "Filmed on location in Compton and Watts..." which is awesome) and there is a scene that is so fantastically insane, the 100 minutes spent getting to it were almost redeemed (our hero uses a specific body part to murder a man and yes, it is the body part you are thinking of, you disgusting lunatic). Avoid this unless you are morbidly curious.
½ May 26, 2012
Better known as WELCOME HOME BROTHER CHARLES, it's probably the best movie I've seen that has a 9 ft long penis in it.
½ May 26, 2012
ok, so the plot is, this guy gets arrested by a racist cop, they do experiments to him in prison, he comes out and tries to readjust to the outside world but eventually takes revenge on those who wronged him.....with his 30 foot dick. It sounds like its entertaining but its just awful. There's nothing funny about it until very late in the movie when his dick strangles a guy. Don't let the premise fool you. This movie actually tries to go for a "message"
½ May 26, 2012
This makes Dolemite look like Shakespeare. And the Soul Stick...greatest idea ever in all of film history. That's a challenge.
September 19, 2010
Gets an extra star for the creative use of a wang.
October 15, 2007
THEY TOOK HIS MANHOOD. Strangling penis is worth seeing it, at least.