Welcome Danger - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Welcome Danger Reviews

August 5, 2016
Had fun while watching it. It's cute and funny. Not saying this is the best he ever made, but still does its job: entertainment.
May 12, 2016
About 30 minutes too long, Harold Lloyd dips his toe into this experimental, choppy early sound movie. The final act is a lot of fun but the pace is often too slow and plodding. I'd love to see the silent version of this as I'm sure it would be a big improvement. Harold's character is not very sympathetic early on but becomes much more likeable as the movie continues. After barely putting a foot wrong in his previous movies, it's the fans and those who are just curious who will likely get the most out of this movie.
May 7, 2016
I found it long and boring in many places.
½ April 20, 2011
Lloyd speaks! in this another of his danger films tries to woo the girl & bust up a drug ring.
August 20, 2009
*still need to finish watching this one but I loved the part that I was able to see
Harlequin68
½ May 15, 2005
[font=Century Gothic][color=sienna]"Kung-Fu Hustle" starts out with one gang walking into a police station and walking out again with one of their wives who had been accused of spitting. Once they are outside of the police station, another gang, bigger and badder than they are, called the Axe Gang dressed in undertaker chic, comes along...the kind folks of Pig Sty Alley manage to keep out of such wordly concerns until an inept wannabe gangster drags them into this. [/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=#a0522d][/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=#a0522d]"Kung-Fu Hustle" is a wonderfully inventive action movie. Yes, much of it does depend on special effects but they are all put to good use. As with "Shaolin Soccer", Stephen Chow seems to be sympathizing with the common man. "Kung-Fu Hustle" proves that you don't really need arcane philosophy to make a great action movie; just a great sense of fun. If there is a moral here, it is always to pay your landlord/landlady on time.[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=#a0522d][/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=navy]"3-Iron" is your typical story of a young man who rides around on his motorcycle planting take-out circulars on front doors to mark whether or not the occupants are at home. When they are not at home, he stays the night but takes nothing and even tidies up somewhat. Eventually, he comes upon an upper scale dwelling where he thinks he is alone. But he comes upon a young woman who has been abused by her husband. The young man finds a creative use for a golf club.[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=#000080][/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=#000080]"3-Iron" is a unique movie. Neither of its protoganists say anything except for one sentence. I think it takes great courage to tell a story with so little dialogue and to have so much trust in the audience to follow the story in this way. Another plus is that it does not follow the usual thriller of the week storyline. I think director Kim Ki Duk is trying to make a statement about the nature of freedom and property. [/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=#000080][/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkslategray]"Welcome Danger" is another silent movie starring Harold Lloyd.(I know there is a version of this movie with some sound. This version is completely silent.) This one is about a botanist heading west to San Francisco and eventually becomes enbroiled in romance and drug smuggling in Chinatown. I found this film to be amusing, although sometimes a little too busy for its own good and not in the league with "Safety Last."[/color][/font]