Welcome Stranger Reviews

• Dec 09, 2015

Bing and Barry had both won Oscars acting together in Going My Way (1944), so it was natural that Paramount would want to reteam them; this rehash of the earlier film was the number one box office attraction of 1947. A pleasant trifle in which Crosby gets to sing and Fitzgerald gets to mug.

• Dec 19, 2010

Bing and Barry Fitzgerald together again to recreate the success of Going My Way. This film is not quite as successful though the pairing never fails to entertain and amuse. Essentially a story of conflict that dissolves into mutual respect. It's pleasant and harmless with a few good Crosby numbers.