We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story Reviews

September 27, 2016
A Don Bluth ripoff trying to come off as a good adaptation of a classic children's book! Face it, there is just no weight to this flick, because it has no focus, and it's embarrassing! Even the animation, aside from the rest of the movie, was obnoxious! It was like the human extras were hyped up on too much sugar! That's just annoying!
½ August 28, 2016
Professor Screweyes was the only part that really held up. Loved this when I was a kid though
April 16, 2016
I know that We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story is a childhood favorite of many people, but it's not very good at all. The story is incomprehensible, the characters are one-dimensional, the music is bland and the animation is sub-par. Even the voice acting, with all of its strange cameos, sounds like it was done half-heartedly. This is definitely the lesser of Steven Spielberg's dinosaur movies that were released in 1993.
½ April 10, 2016
I gotta wonder what I was on as a kid to like this.
February 3, 2016
Such a good movie. Used to watch this all the time.
½ January 11, 2016
This is a movie that is not afraid to be macabre and gothic at times. It brings a unique Grimm's like atmosphere to a children's Dinosaur movie. Even though it has an enjoyable soundtrack and cute characters that give it a child friendly feel, be warned that some children may be terrified of the villain and his circus. An childhood favorite of mine.
November 29, 2015
I loved this movie as a child!
August 17, 2015
its a fun cool movie based on a kids book unless you enjoy movies about animated films about dinosaurs or just stick with jurassic park trilogy
June 17, 2015
Upon taking off the nostalgia googles, I found We're Back to be pretty mixed to decent. The humor is cheerful and inoffensive, the characters are passionate and fun and the color's blend in really well.
However, the story suffers the notable flaw of being far too sloppy and uneven. It frequently went from being perky to dark over and over and the villain's fate went way beyond the concept of being over the top. Seriously, that last villain part gave me nightmares growing up.

So, with that said, We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story is mediocre all together. Not great, not bad, just mediocre. Children will be pleased with the film's down to earth sense of fun while adults might have mixed feelings about the film's problematic script.
May 23, 2015
I understand and yet at the same time i cant even fathom why nearly all of the film critics universally disliked this film. I might be slightly impartial to the film since its one of those early childhood favorites that inspire those great childhood feelings that rush back to you when your re-watching a old classic that you haven't seen in a while, or completely forgot about for several years. Still, seeing it again for the first time in about 3 or 4 years opened my eyes once again to the unique and wonderfully told story, albeit slightly darker then children's films of today. Along with the wonderfully talented voice cast, this movie is a forever childhood favorite.
May 11, 2015
It's a bit too twee for my tastes generally, being aimed at a pretty young demographic, but pretty much innocuous otherwise, despite a couple of dark moments that don't quite fit the rest of the tone. And, thankfully, unlike some other films sometimes aimed at younger audiences, only one mediocre-to-poor song.
On a completely unrelated note, why is it that animation typecasts John Goodman to voice fat, friendly carnivores that work in showbusiness?
February 4, 2015
Some kids may be put off by the story and the characters. The movie is too evil, I know it's trying to be a fun kids movie but it's worse than All Dogs Go To Heaven. Cecelia is a little girl who's neglected by her parents and kisses Louie on the lips and Louie goes off on his own, not caring about his parents. I'm guessing that they're around 11 since Louie wouldn't be stupid enough to run away. The dinosaurs have somehow warped themselves forward in time, and then sing a little song about being forward in time. And Professor Screw-eyes is almost too scary for little children, he treats the children horribly, even turning them into monkeys which they have been changed from after a while. Then, they got the generic circus thing.

It's better to leave this one for the little ones. It's a forgettable movie.
February 1, 2015
Every aspect of the film, from the characters to the sound effects, is obnoxious to the point where one has to stand up, walk away from it and finish it later.
½ January 2, 2015
Not the best animation, but a good family movie.
September 16, 2014
Released months after another dinosaur story that was directed and produced by Spielberg, his animation studio made a charming animated family-friendly film of a dinosaur story so everyone of all ages can see his dino creation. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
September 14, 2014
Hasn't aged well at all. Short and rushed, corny, and defies basic logic in many ways (even for a kid's movie). Pretty much the only reason one should watch this is for nostalgia.
September 7, 2014
Even though it has a full plot problems, and the story isn't what you think to be great, We're Back is a charming tale. With some good visual 2-D animation, some ok voice acting performances, We're Back is a enjoyable thrill ride while also giving you a sense of nostalgia for future generations to come.
July 15, 2014
were back! a dinosaur movie was a film that has a special place in mt heart as being one of my most nostalgic films. its heart warming, slightly dark, with fun characters, and a fun adventure to go along but it does feel a little short and doesnt oppeal to a wide audience so take it for what it is a kids movie.
July 2, 2014
I loved the book as a kid, and the movie after that. It's not perfect, but it's a fun hour and 12 mins.
½ June 28, 2014
really disappointed with this children's animated movie as the story wasn't really that great.