We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story Reviews

• Jul 09, 2020

If they knew this is what they were returning for, they would have stayed away.

If they knew this is what they were returning for, they would have stayed away.

• May 26, 2020

Such a memorable movie from my childhood. I love this movie it is so creative.

Such a memorable movie from my childhood. I love this movie it is so creative.

• Mar 01, 2020

This was one of the most original and creative films of it's time. Even for today's standards it's really impressive. Blows my mind how so many "Karen's" were able to review this movie. You all need to stay off the internet and let art thrive naturally.

• Feb 09, 2020

I Wish I Was High As Fuck While Watching This! Based On Hudson Talbott's 1987 Children's Book Of The Same Name, "We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story" Is Bat-Shit Trippy As Hell! It's All Just A Nonstop Montage Of The Dinosaurs Being Annoying Or Juvenile, Horrendous Imagery, Epic Lack Of Explanation, Unfunny Jokes, & Just Pure Boredom. Not To Mention, To Put The Icing On The Cake, There's An Overload Of Sweetness In This Film That Makes You Wanna Throw Up Your Gizzards Into The Gutter. I Mean, What Else Can I Say About This Kid's Movie? It's Just Like "Felix The Cat: The Movie", For It's Just An Annoying Cinematic Acid Trip. But Give This Film Credit, Even Though The Animation Is Off, There Are Some Nice Bits Of Animation Here. And I Understand This Film Is Short, Only 71 Minutes, But It Felt Like An Overly-Long Experience For Me. In Conclusion, 1993's "We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story" Is Boring, Nonsensical, Annoying, Horrendous To Look At, Bat-Shit Trippy In The Wrong Way, & It Presents Itself As If "The Land Before Time" (1988) Was On Meth Or Crack. It's... Just A Fuckin' Dumb Movie. IDK Why I Reveiwed This, But I Did It For You Guys. If You Guys Like It, Hope You Enjoy It, But I Personally Wish This Tale Would've Stayed In The Prehistoric Times.

• Feb 09, 2020

What a Fun one this is! Combining some great animation for 1993 with some Eccentric Circus scenes makes this a perfect example for an amazing dinosaur movie to kids, teenagers, and adults of all ages. This Movie is quite a great adventure for everyone who loves animation, dinosaurs, and people who ever been to an eccentric circus.

• Feb 07, 2020

It's a dumb movie! Because it ripped off Jurassic Park, which was way better! And why it sucks, because of the talking dinosaurs! Dinosaurs cannot talk in real life!

• Jan 19, 2020

THIS MOVIE DESERVES BETTER!!!!

THIS MOVIE DESERVES BETTER!!!!

• Oct 10, 2019

This movie was one of my favorites as a kid for some reason, but as an adult, I realize this movie makes no sense at all. The premise is basically that a scientist from the future invents a machine that can hear kids' wishes from the present day, and kids are wishing to see some real dinosaurs. So the scientist and an alien friend of his go back in time and make dinosaurs smart, then bring them back to present day New York and just let them go free. Someone had to be on some serious medication to come up with this. Of all the things in the world kids are probably wishing for, I don't think "dinosaur friends" are on the top of that list. I didn't like that the scientist guy basically explained what needed to happen in the movie and who the bad guy was, pretty weak screenwriting even for a kids movie. They show the first kid having made a raft with a complex egg sandwich-making machine on it, but no mention is made of this kid's inventing skills again. Both female characters do nothing but flirt with the boy characters and have no other interesting qualities. The bad guy was mostly one-dimensional and they gave him no chance at redemption (and did those crows just kill him randomly?!). They also say the kids made up with their parents at the end, even though it's shown that the little girl's parents just don't care about her, not that they were fighting or something. I did like the cute innocence of it all, and I thought the animation style was really good, I feel like this could make for an interesting "live action" remake like what Disney is doing with all their properties right now.

• Aug 29, 2019

this movie is great. but I find some of the critic reviews need to be looked at because im pretty sure they didn't really pay attention to the movie. like most old people these days, have no clue what there talking about

• Aug 19, 2019

What a bizarre movie! Sure, the animation's nice aside from some painfully outdated CGI, there's a talented voice cast and even some memorable moments, including a creepy circus but the entire plot happens because of ignorance, the script is childish and hard to take seriously plus the messages are incredibly heavy-handed. Though perhaps, it's not all that surprising considering this movie's sole purpose was to be a family-friendly alternative to Jurassic Park. It's not remarkably awful, though.