We're Not Broke - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

We're Not Broke Reviews

August 25, 2015
There is no limit to corporate greed.
August 17, 2015
Interesting film that shows well researched facts to support the danger in corporate greed.
October 7, 2013
If by watching this documentary, you were expecting some evidence that the United Sates is 'Not Broke', you will be sorely disappointed.

The documentary claims closing tax loopholes can bring in $70 Billion in revenue per year. Nowhere is this paltry increase in revenue compared against the massive structural liabilities that United States faces.

U.S. treasury debt is ~$17,300 Billion
U.S. unfunded liabilities are ~$125,415 Billion.
Every U.S. person (man, woman, and child) owes about $400,000 each.

The United States has a spending problem - not a revenue problem.

1 star for accurate reporting of corporate tax loopholes. The rest is drivel, untruths, and unsubstantiated claims.
September 29, 2013
it got to the point right at the start... then it just didn't go anywhere else. I wanted to be really into this but there were just too many scenes with half arsed protests, it's not going to change the world!
August 29, 2013
We need the political will to change the tax laws to close the loopholes for corporations. Will that happen? It's not clear.
½ August 19, 2013
Corporate fiscal irresponsibility and good ol' greed bilking the system so that you and I pay more taxes than large multinational corporations.
July 12, 2013
Look, I want to know how much of this is fact, and how much is interpretation? Does anybody have any recommendations for where could I go to figure some of that out?
May 4, 2013
'We're Not Broke' brings to light in spectacular fashion how American billion-dollar multinationals fake Uncle Sam out of trillions of dollars by virtue of obscene tax loopholes and equivocal business practices, it's enraging to say the least.
March 27, 2013
Why, Do people not see the truth.?Watch this movie.
½ March 24, 2013
About to get a second job so I can pay to stay in school and GE pays no taxes?? It's infuriating.
February 28, 2013
Well worth watching.
January 21, 2013
What I love about this documentary is that it raises some great questions about corporate tax loopholes such as sending profits overseas that I believe need to reformed. These are problems that the media rarely discusses and that congress refuses to address due to lobbying on both sides of the aisle. Despite the numerous left-wing pundits in this film, it is very bi-partisan as it calls out both conservatives and liberals who are in the back pocket of these corporations. Where i differ with film is in regards to effects of this irresponsible behavior. The film makes accusations that social services, teacher's jobs, and fire departments among other things suffer due to lack of federal tax revenue. Some of these statements may be somewhat true, others are simply false. I'd encourage anyone who is not informed of these corporate tax loopholes to watch this film. Be warned, you will be very angry at congress once you finish it, but that's probably nothing new for most of us.
January 15, 2013
This is absolutely a must see.