Werewolf: The Beast Among Us - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Werewolf: The Beast Among Us Reviews

½ December 11, 2015
if you go in expecting a "b" movie then you might be pleasantly surprised. ..better than it's budget. .
½ September 14, 2015
I'm ashamed to say that I had this one laying around forever until I finally gave it a spin for my traditional Halloween viewings, and it was actually a helluva lot of fun. It felt like Gothic horror mixed with equal parts adventure film, and I dug it.

Rental!
½ July 16, 2014
The CG and editing are pretty bad but the film has a fun playfulness about it even if it struggles to be anything more than amateurish.
January 31, 2013
Many said the actual Wolf Man remake was bad (I didn't, in fact, I loved it) but if they ever had the chance to see this, Universal's second attempt to reboot the character, their tune would promptly change. Blatantly ignorant of established mythology (really, werewolf victims become vampires do they?) complete with a shoehorned-in attempt at an Underworld-esque finale. Oh and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the eastern European accents that only 50% of the town has and the chief werewolf hunter with his inexplicable southern (!?) accent. The CGI is hit and miss (mostly miss) but the practical effects are quite good, I'll give the movie that much.
½ January 23, 2013
Just watched this movie today...and overall this movie has great animation and just as well for the blood and guts and suspense.

I feel that there were some parts in the film that could of been better explained, shown and plot-devised.
Every once in a while the story line was choppy and I had to guess what just went down, I got confused in some parts too, but in the end of the movie when the vampire is shown, things were better explained, and I was satisfied. I wish there was a more emotional connection to the characters so I could be more attached to them.

All in all--good movie.
Made me jump at the right parts and cover my eyes at the guts being harvested
½ November 14, 2012
Better than expected, Werewolf: The Beast Among Us is way better than its cover and title suggests, but it is still a relatively crappy piece of historical, gothic horror that does little to make itself memorable...
November 28, 2012
This actually puts a pretty interesting spin on werewolf mythology, and some of the werewolf action is pretty exciting, it's just that the first hour of the movie is SO fucking boring! I had to watch this movie in like five separate chunks. The CGI werewolf looks busted so thankfully they only show it sparingly, but the rubber-masked body-suit werewolf actually looks pretty good in a cheesy monster movie kinda way. I couldn't tell if it was some of the performances or some of the costumes or a combination of both that was making this feel like community theater, but quite a bit about this film feels pretty budget (which is par for the course when it comes to straight to DVD monster movies I guess).
½ October 31, 2012
A sort of new take on the Werewolf legend. It was ok but this werewolf was too bloody. It was a little silly.
March 9, 2016
Horror... I don't know, nothing was terrifying. But there was bloody messes. The story was different, I liked that. Please tell me: why men are always big jerks in nineteeth century movies ?
½ December 11, 2015
½ September 14, 2015

Rental!
July 5, 2015
Not bad , not enough werewolf , good for one-time watching
½ May 25, 2015
Not as horrifically terrible as I was expecting once I started watching it. It's not a good film, in fact, it's actually pretty bad. But it's bad in a way that's kinda charming in a B-movie way. It's cheap, it's poorly acted and it's got some terrible CG effects and it makes no bones about it. I like Stephen Rea, but I'm genuinely curious what he saw in this script. Maybe he desperately needed the paycheck. This movie is weird in the sense that I spent a lot of the time thinking to myself of who the people in the cast reminded me of, that were already famous. Clearly the lead is Bradley Cooper. The British guy reminds me of what a child between Robert Downey Jr. and Alan Cummings would look like. And David, the young apprentice, his voice reminded me of a Elijah Wood. Why the fuck did I spend so much time on that? I literally have no idea, but that's what I spent the movie doing. I wasn't exactly distracted since I was pretty much following the film from beginning to end, but my mind wanders sometimes. Plus I don't think I have much to write about this, so think of this as filler. Anyway, at least this is something that's easy to watch. It does not require a lot of brainpower to sit through. There's a lot of goofiness involved here, as was to be expected, and the film did make me laugh with its badness. Well, really, there was one really bad actor, the guy who plays Jaeger, who definitely made me laugh more than my fair share with how bad he was. It's not like the film is chock full of award-worthy performances, unless it's the Razzies, but Jaeger did stand out above everyone else in terms of how bad he was. He was definitely hamming it up. A lot of the story, to me, doesn't really make a whole lot of sense because it's hard to come up with a timeline for these things to have happened. Maybe it all lines up perfectly and I just didn't care to piece two and two together, but it just didn't work to me. And there's some strange character development here in that the British guy, who had been portrayed as an arrogant asshole, all of a sudden goes full-on evil. It was definitely out of left field. It was very poorly set-up and not particularly satisfying. I guess it was just something they had to do, but considering he had been travelling with the hunters, does that mean they had to deal with his bullshit once the solstice came? It just seems silly. And not to mention that, at the climax, which should be the most important part of the film since you're wrapping up your story, all of the hunters, minus the British guy, just absolutely vanish. They reappear, of course, but it's just odd that they would disappear during the climactic moments of the film. It is what it is. With that said, some of the practical gore effects are actually really good. Maybe not outstanding or anything, but better than the budget implied. I don't really have much else to add. This is a bad movie that you can laugh at with a group of friends. If you can gather up a group, then I say go for it. If not, well, there's probably better films to watch than this. Dead Snow 2, perhaps.
May 19, 2015
I didn't expect to like this movie but I did, good twist at the end.
½ March 15, 2015
Awful has a name, and it is Werewolf: The Beast Among Us.
February 28, 2015
Interesting! What you think is not what what is. Action and mystery.
½ December 25, 2014
Literally a Half Ass movie. I fell asleep watching it, a lame knock off of any monster hunter movie ever made. it is watchable I guess but the over douchyness of the hero characters is painful.
October 1, 2014
One of the best straight to DVD werewolf movies I have seen.