Wet Asphalt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wet Asphalt Reviews

½ July 12, 2011
the package says 'war noir" nope not this one but it is a study on the power of the press and what is true or a lie.not bad B movie fare.
½ January 10, 2011
This wasn't as 'noir' as I was expecting based on the cover art, which seems to hint at a rumpled detective adrift in a rain-slicked world that only exists at night, but was still rather watchable.

A reporter finds out that his boss is solely responsible for the sensational stories that have been making both of them famous and must try to make amends without framing himself as a liar in public.

Worth a look, but it's not going to replace The Big Sleep on your favorite movie list.
½ November 17, 2010
This is one of the best WWII movies I've seen, and I highly recommend it, I saw it online, so check it out.
August 27, 2009
Again, synopsis is all wrong. Anyway, starts with an interesting concept but doesn't go very far. Decent ending, but many ignorant mistakes throughout this attempt at political cinema.
July 5, 2008
A good West German film noir in the same vein as the Third Man. A great story, and the added bonus of Gert "Goldfinger" Frobe as the driver.