What Becomes of the Broken Hearted? Reviews

• Mar 12, 2014

top flim, classic NZ

top flim, classic NZ

• Dec 01, 2012

Good Follow Up To The First With Somewhat Of An Abrupt Ending, Definitely A Must See For Fans Of The First.

• Jul 05, 2012

(***): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img] A decent sequel to [i]Once Were Warriors[/i]. Strong cast and interesting story.

• Apr 05, 2012

any one know where I can find this movie?...

any one know where I can find this movie?...

• Jan 02, 2012

Needed some fkn eeeggs!!!

Needed some fkn eeeggs!!!

• Mar 09, 2011

• Mar 09, 2011

• Jan 11, 2011

An apt title. I was quite enjoying this film until the last third to where it randomly becomes a cliched action movie all of a sudden (with Jake and Muss even taking on an entire gang and a car chase and everything). Some powerful acting once again from the cast. This movie focuses on redemption and healing and does so quite succesfully until the aforementioned ending, it's almost like the filmmakers were afraid of having a movie where the audience couldn't cheer anti-hero Jake the Muss. I've wanted to see it for a long time and I'm quite glad I did though. It was always going to loom in the shadow of the powerhouse first film though and for that, it does alright.

• Aug 12, 2010

A sad example of a sequel that is almost unbearably by-the-book and without personality. "What Becomes of the Broken Hearted" adds nothing thematically constructive to its predecessor, the magnificent "Once Were Warriors." Not exactly a bad or even boring film, but a very aimless and undewhelming experience that doesn't seem to have much to say.