What Becomes of the Broken Hearted? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

What Becomes of the Broken Hearted? Reviews

November 9, 2009
could have done alot with this film. also the film is more stylized in the music/editing then the first, making it hit or miss. i'll say its a miss. ending kinda sucked and i felt that the build up of the other characters besides jake were underdeveloped
½ November 6, 2009
luhved this movie&tha first part=)
October 20, 2009
I really want to see this sequel to "Once Were Warriors"
½ October 7, 2009
A fantastic sequel to Once were warriors, not as raw as the first but for its own reasons. It still is a tale worthy of telling and still hits hard with reality - a journey of salvation and redemption, revenge and peace...can one man save what is left of his family due to his actions and stop the destruction, stop history from repeating itself and make amends with his estranged son? Watch to find out - well worth it
½ June 18, 2009
While the story is a sequel to Once Were Warriors, the topic is a completely different one. This movie focuses on the gang problematic in New Zealand. The characters are less well developed and the story didn't touch me nearly as much as Warriors did.
June 9, 2009
haha this movie looks crazy! probably wont find this one at the video store
May 29, 2009
OK sequel,but the first one is much better.
April 14, 2009
cool flick not as good as the first :) still cool
February 22, 2009
NO MONEY TO SEE IT!!!
MO.
January 11, 2009
dis is what happens when ur a women hitter.
January 2, 2009
As a fan of Once Were Warriors, I obviously had to watch this. I was sorely let down by how mild and long it was drawn out. I don't recommend this for anyone who enjoyed the first film-- there's no charm here and the story is terrible.
November 13, 2008
I want to see this in the worst way
October 11, 2008
part 2...prefer it to 1st
½ October 4, 2008
not as brilliant as warriors but still worth the watch.
½ October 1, 2008
Great to see Jake Heke and his family visited again in this sequel to "Once We Were Warriors". Though there were bad points: all the style of the original movie was gone...this felt more like a TV movie and there were lots of cheesy moments and dialog.

Though it was nice to see Jake change, to finally see the character achieve some closure and peace. And another thing that I thought was a welcomed addition here was clearer focus on poverty of the indigenous communities, that there was more personal awareness made of it in the form of a veteran gang member. Probably my own fascination with the Maori makes me a little biased in liking this movie and forgiving its faults.
½ September 7, 2008
GOOD MOVIE WORTH WATCHING.
July 7, 2008
A bit of an easier film to watch than once were warriors. This is the story of Jakes Redemption, at least partial redemption.
June 30, 2008
once again another good movie from NZ
June 29, 2008
[I just wrote a whole review but flix just fucked it up and lost it]
½ June 18, 2008
This unnecessary sequel to Once Were Warriors is marginally more violent (at least in terms of occurrence) than it's predecessor but not nearly as hard hitting. The redemption story line is weak and lame and it's pretty much a poor effort in every respect. See the original and leave it there.