P.O.V. - What I Want My Words to Do to You Reviews

• Jul 05, 2011

We watched "What I Want My Words to Do to You" on PBS when it was first released in 2003. We were overhelmed by the documentary then, and now are even more deeply moved by the genius of Eve Ensler who worked with the inmates at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility for Women over a period of years to draw out their emotions through a series of creative writing workshops. The writings turned into a performance by accomplished actresses deeply touch the viewer and show the power of words to reveal and redeem. Brava to all!