What Lies Upstream Reviews

• May 27, 2019

If ignorance is truly bliss then this film isn't for you. If you like being informed about the government lying to you and you can handle people talking truth to power then you will thoroughly enjoy this documentary about the West Virginia Water crisis. I strongly recommend watching this and be prepared it's not pretty and frankly it's disgusting how screwed we cold all be without safe drinking water. A tip of the cap to documentarian Cullen Hoback who put together a great film. Final Score: 9.3/10

• Sep 14, 2018

To pollute & get away with you must pollute the body politic even more than the water you sicken the population with.

• Apr 08, 2018

This was captivating, shocking and depressing. Extremely well put together, and good recounting of a very complicated story. I am a water scientist and I saw this as a sound analysis and explanation of some incredible challenges to the drinking water world. Everyone who drinks municipal water or fertilizes a lawn should see this.

• Mar 23, 2018

We like to think that our water is safe. The water company, state officials, doctors, scientists, federal agencies, politicians, reporters all have our backs right? The truth is we as a society REALLY don't want to admit that our water is unsafe because it's just too expensive to fix so instead we just awkwardly try to pretend that the high rates of autism, cancer, birth defects, asthma, etc. are mysteriously caused by something else.

• Jan 16, 2018

America is one sick sick country. Disgusting.

America is one sick sick country. Disgusting.