What to Expect When You're Expecting Reviews

• 1d ago

Having a hard time in understanding harsh reviews. Nice, warm popcorn film, turned into a serious reminder of the intensity of delivery. Minus 0.5 for poor Jordan.

• Aug 23, 2020

Amusing relation, even by gender with no topical involvement, is the main expected enjoyment takeaway charmed by a nice cast exploring a stimulated range of pregnancy topics whilst maintaining plot connective coherency, though enabling the familiar episodic structure's main rom-com genre association through a predictably resolute cheesy routine. (B-)

• Jul 29, 2020

I like how it didn't tell me what to expect when expecting

I like how it didn't tell me what to expect when expecting

• Jun 17, 2020

much of the films jokes fail to land but with so many funny people make it entertaining enough to watch.

• May 20, 2020

Typically, these big ensemble movies where they bounce around between a bunch of separate stories bug me because you always have to sit through some bad plotlines in order to get to the good ones. What to Expect When You’re Expecting saves you the trouble of dealing with that by not having any good plots. The whole thing is a scattershot look at different couples preparing for the addition of a baby in their lives. All of them are obnoxious people for one reason or another, and most of them don’t seem like they will make fit parents when the baby arrives. The cast is full of actors you’ll recognize, yet not one of them shows any of their talents. There are a few who look like they are trying, but I didn’t even crack a smile through this whole film, and it made me distinctly happy that I never had kids. The way this film presents pregnancy and parenthood could be great birth control for people of all ages. It also indulges in a number of stereotypes and generalizations about men and women that I can’t imagine most people will appreciate. The one time I thought the film was approaching a bold and emotional moment, it tapped out before I could even think about caring. I can’t say What to Expect When You’re Expecting annoyed me or was painful to watch, but I’d still call it a rather worthless movie that only managed to waste my time. At the very least they could have included some kind of useful advice for people who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, but there was nothing of value in this film.

• Nov 04, 2019

A funny and, most likely, very honest movie about different couples and their journeys.

• Feb 02, 2019

Iï¿ 1/2(TM)m not sure why most reviews seem against this film. I thought it was funny. Yes it was corny but whatï¿ 1/2(TM)s so wrong with corny once in a while? Things donï¿ 1/2(TM)t have to be so serious all the time! Could it have improved in some areas? Of course! But not bad in my book.

• Jul 25, 2018

I've seen this movie multiple times and can't quit laughing each time. It has a great cast with decent performances. It's an interesting take on the multiple storylines flick with intriguing character backgrounds. Some of the humor can be a little dumb and graphic, but still funny. I wish I could join the Dad walk, I mean who doesn't want to hangout with Chris Rock. Some of the effects were pretty terrible, my main example is the rain falling on Rosie and Marco after their visit from the hospital. It is very apparent that three feet to the left of them there is little to no rain, while directly above them it is raining cats and dogs. Compared to other mindless comedies I will repeatedly choose this one.

• Jul 03, 2018

Every minute of this movie is wasted time.

Every minute of this movie is wasted time.

• Feb 18, 2018

Great movie I loved every minute of it. It was funny and touching and had a bomb cast.