What Will People Say? (Hva vil folk si) Reviews

• Apr 14, 2020

Slow and not very coherent. The more terrible things happen to the protagonist, the less I cared, so something in the formula definitely did not work for me.

• Aug 20, 2019

Chillingly accurate about growing up in a conservative brown family. Ending felt too open-ended, but the performances and story were great!

• Aug 16, 2019

I had the feeling that something was missing. Perhaps the story needed more time to unfold properly.

• Feb 05, 2019

Great sensitive movie about women lack of rights in Pakistan, and carry over to migrated countries.

• Dec 21, 2018

It's hard to watch this movie. But great film, full of emotions. Left me crying.

• Sep 10, 2018

a movie which is wonderfully showing the contrast between western and pakistanian cultures and the boyhood of each. the lead actress perfectly plays the role of a misfortunate adolescenct, torn between two identites and discovering her sexuality. beautifuly directed and photographed, this movie really gets underneath the crowds skin, showing darker sides of eastern family loyalty and respect.

• Sep 08, 2018

This was a hard-hitting and totally captivating experience. its impact on me was as thought-provoking as recently seen Lee's blackkklansman. the acting is really good. recommended.

• Sep 05, 2018

Good acting and filming of the scenes but the story lacks coherence. For a full review: https://filmsreviewsandmore.blogspot.com/

• Sep 05, 2018

Acting is good, the scenes are well shot but development of the story lacks coherence. For a full review (with comments on the scene): https://filmsreviewsandmore.blogspot.com/

• Aug 28, 2018

A tough but touching movie about cultural obscurities - meaning how does one fit into a society when born in another, and how to keep from loosing yourself.