Reviews

• Jan 16, 2022

One of Leonardo Dicaprio's best performances! Sure, he wasn't the best actor back in the 1990's, but this proves that he had the potential to really act. Every actor, along Johnny Depp, was great in this, making it one of the best dramas of the decade!

• Nov 13, 2021

I went into this movie expecting it to be very boring, but it's a lot of fun. Johnny Depp is outstanding this complicated role. An even more outstanding performance is given by Leonardo Dicaprio. It didn't know better I would have actually thought he is like that. This movie is so heartfelt and heartbreaking that at some points the person you root for changes due to their actions. And another great thing about this film is actions have consequences which a lot of movies over look. I totally recommend this movie for any film fans looking for something to make them tear up and provide a story of love and pain.

• Sep 15, 2021

Warm-hearted coming-of-age film with wonderful performances by DiCaprio, Depp and Lewis. One of the best movies of the 1990s.

• Aug 28, 2021

Another great movie starring a diva!!!!

Another great movie starring a diva!!!!

• Jul 25, 2021

Summary: Trapped in a rural town, Gilbert's responsibilities are eating away at him. At the top of the list are caring for his obese, homebound mother and his dependent, younger brother with a mental disability. Takeaways: An unfortunate tale about a teenager living a stressful adult life. The build up of the small town gossip and demanding homelife are stressful for Gilbert and the viewer alike. Besides that, young Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio are fabulous.

• Jul 21, 2021

Masterful acting performance with a slow-burn style. Literally coming-to-age slice-of-life literature work.

• Jul 03, 2021

I liked it. It's a beautiful, artistic story.... soft and slow Americana. I was not blown away by Johnny Depp's acting nor all of the dialogue but was impressed with everything else and it is leagues ahead of the super hero films being turned out relentlessly these days. Recommend!

• Jun 29, 2021

Terrific film. Probably Johnny Depp's best performance and amazing acting from Leonardo DiCaprio as well. It's a very sad movie, but one definitely worth watching.

• Jun 26, 2021

One of the best movies I've ever seen. Great plot - great cast. Leonardo and Johnny are doing a fantastic acting job in this film.

• Jun 25, 2021

It's a good enough movie - not one you'll want to watch multiple times though.

It's a good enough movie - not one you'll want to watch multiple times though.