When Dinosaurs Roamed America - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

When Dinosaurs Roamed America Reviews

September 7, 2016
When Dinosaurs Roamed America (2001) 90m. ??? D: Pierre de Lespinois. Voice of John Goodman. Nicely done TV "historic" documentary that says frightening giant lizards once roamed America many years ago (let us hope). Goodman's narration is effective, yet the CGI effects are typically uneven. Although the dilophosaurus and velociraptor seem almost real.
November 1, 2014
One of my favorite documentary movies ever
September 28, 2013
Perhaps even better than it's inspiration, Walking with Dinosaurs, this film takes you on over a 90 minute journey through the Mesozoic era.
August 31, 2013
Decent tv documentary film about the life of Dinosaurs. It's not as great as Walking with Dinosaurs was, the animation is a bit flat, and John Goodman's voice makes you sleepy. Still pretty interesting though.
August 26, 2012
A great, fun dinosaur film! Reccomended to those who love dinosaurs!
½ April 7, 2012
An amazing documentary that follows the stories of animals that came before us.
½ October 23, 2010
Lets face it. Dinosaurs are amazing. This movies shows what scientists in 2001 thought the world was like when dinosaurs roamed what would one day be called America.
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
½ March 18, 2008
it was actually a good doc. not too bad special effects.
January 13, 2008
Very interesting and descriptive of dinosaur behavior. The CGI isn't totally real-looking, but good enough to make the dinosaurs look lifelike. Props to the movie for introducing viewers to other dinosaurs besides the famous ones - Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus rex, Apatosaurus - though of course those dinosaurs make extended appearances as well.

Some of the noisy and flashy behavior of the dinosaurs seemed a bit unrealistic, particularly when it was taking place during a hunt (e.g. a group of Syntarsus approach an Anchisaurus and, instead of attacking it outright, simply screech at it, totally throwing away the element of surprise and allowing the Anchisaurus to defend itself and disable one of the group).
January 13, 2008

½ December 27, 2007
An amazing documentary that follows the stories of animals that came before us.
October 12, 2007
This was an excellent documentary about what life was like in North America over 65 million years ago with the dinosaurs.
½ August 20, 2007
Doesn't quite match Walking with Dinosaurs (some of the animation is actually a bit cartoonish), but getting to see a Therizinosaur brought to life is worth it.
½ July 1, 2007
Dinosaurs Nature movie!
June 25, 2007
amazing discovery thing.

I love the discovery channel though
June 8, 2007
I think I watched this before....
June 8, 2007
The best Dinosaur Documentary of all time. 1.5 hours long and has so much info John Goodman does a really good job narating it
June 7, 2007
Love the Discovery Channel and what they do. This was a fantastic documentary.
½ June 1, 2007
Another very good Made for TV mini series from Discovery Channel if you like the Planet Earth and such things as that you should like this