When a Man Loves a Woman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

When a Man Loves a Woman Reviews

April 13, 2016
Meg Ryan's acting was superb in this deeply touching drama. She made it extremely simple to connect with the character and get emotional over her tribulations. There's also a sense of reality to When A Man Loves A Women that represents the romance in it beautifully.
April 21, 2015
The flaws are everywhere but at the end I like these actors and I enjoyed this movie.
February 19, 2015
Five Stars for Meg Ryan.what a surprising performance..MY TOP MOVIE OF MY LIFE which Meg mades to me.
September 30, 2014
Two real, well acted characters at the core of a paint-by-numbers melodrama. You could argue it simplifies the struggles of substance abuse but that's really not what the film is about. It's flawed; but quite touching and beautiful with a really great score and palpable chemistry.
½ September 25, 2014
Brilliant acting. A very touching story of you allow yourself to be swept up in it and not focus on the details.
½ April 4, 2014
The film shows a poignant way addiction and alcoholism affects an alcoholic and affect the whole family, making a living in a difficult and destructive relationship.
½ March 29, 2014
Not a bad movie. Worth watching once.
½ March 9, 2014
a touching story inside the characters lives when addiction comes into play..and a shout out to an actor in this movie, R.I.P. Mr. Phillip Seymour Hoffman.
½ February 28, 2014
I love this movie. Meg Ryan & Andy Garcia are incredible!
½ February 11, 2014
In this film,we see alcoholism tear away at Family;Michael and Alice (Garcia and Ryan) share life with their two daughters.Sadly,Alice develops a taste for "the drink",and husband Michael tries to pretend he can patch problems up. Alice reaches her "bottom" and decides to finally come clean
January 16, 2014
A mulher é uma louca e não merecia ele.
½ November 29, 2013
Good acting but very cheesy.
½ November 26, 2013
A solid story and I am sure a decent screenplay, sadly performed by leading actors.
½ October 31, 2013
Garcia and Ryan gave a solid performance about a family torn apart by alcohol...
August 9, 2013
Even though this movie covers a delicate subject,(Alcohol) it still shows the meaning to REAL TRUE LOVE,and how never giving up on someone can make all the difference.
May 9, 2013
always loved this movie
May 1, 2013
It was ok - made me cry few times
½ April 2, 2013
Sappy melodrama. Meg Ryan's best in comedies.
March 30, 2013
Meg Ryan was a bad chick back in the day.