When Harry Met Sally - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

When Harry Met Sally Reviews

½ May 25, 2016
Witty dialogue and great chemistry between the two stars make this one of the best rom-coms I've ever seen.
May 24, 2016
The romantic comedy is a hard genre to nail. The genre is a popular one, but it seems that audiences are only drawn to them so strongly due to stories that sacrifice realistic situations and characters for ideal ones. Love is a very fantastical thing, after all. Thankfully, Rob Reiner doesn't succumb to this with When Harry Met Sally: the result is a beautiful little film that stands as a solid entry in the genre without finding the need to deliver unrealistic ideas. Reiner and screenwriter Nora Ephron deliver a story that, in a way, is semi-autobiographical, drawing from their own personal thoughts on love and relationships based on their past life experiences. These ideas are what make Harry and Sally such compelling and realistic characters: they're as close to real life as movie characters can get. It helps that Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan give their all in their performances, and share wonderful chemistry with one another. These are two characters whose ups and downs over the course of 12 years are relatable and understandable, and Crystal and Ryan are the life force behind this relationship. This is one of the quintessential romantic comedies for good reason, because it's one of the most earnest and heartfelt ones out there.
½ May 18, 2016
How can anyone not love this movie? The conversations and chemistry between Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan is so charming and irresistible. "When Harry Met Sally" is absolutely a classic in not only the romantic comedy genre, but in the world of cinema in general, and I can't stand that it took me so long to check it out. It's an instant classic for anyone who hasn't checked this one out yet. 9.0/10
May 16, 2016
My new favorite romcom
½ May 9, 2016
Ephron's screenplay is marvelous, deliciously funny and deserving of every award - and much of the improvised dialogue in several moments fits so perfectly that they seem scripted -, but what makes the movie even more adorable is the chemistry between Crystal and Ryan.
½ May 8, 2016
Dated in some respects, yet excelling in others-When Harry Met Sally is still a resonating romantic comedy. It's a Woody Allen piece meets Linklater's "Before Sunrise" trilogy. The dialogue rich, the characterizations nuanced, and the interactions between Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan authentic and resonating. While it doesn't completely avoid all of the rom-com clichés, it does side step a lot of them, and certainly set the stage for some of the smarter romantic comedies that we remember.

3.5/5 Stars
April 19, 2016
Even after more than 25 years after its release date "When Harry Met Sally"is still one of the best (and most charming) romantic comedies to date. 4/5 stars
½ April 10, 2016
I think at the time, this was pretty new to the genre, and it still holds up because Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan are perfect together. Watching them bounce off each other makes the movie nearly timeless. It's cliche, short and probably not so thought out in its third act, but it's a classic in Romantic Comedies because of how much it's influenced everything else, for better or for worse.
April 9, 2016
I hate it took me this long to watch this one. Without a doubt one of the better romantic comedies ever made. I love the dialogue here and everything, except the clothes, completely holds up here.
March 28, 2016
hmm flixter another kept the rating lost the review!
March 2, 2016
I love Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan's chemistry in this movie! nice to see Carrie Fisher in this, too!
February 15, 2016
bravo,, bravo..... type of movie... romance /comedy movie according to USA today it is known as rom-com. not a fan of rom but I'm a fan of com movies. It is somewhat of a comical moments.. The title is self explantory.. A type of movie people should watch on days like today which is valentine's day for people who are not in realationships & enjoy movies like these to spend valentine's day annually. It is one of the few movies like clueless, forgetting sarah marshall,something new, Celeste &Jesse forever Rashida Jones & Andy Sanderberg are the married couples that eventually get back together.
February 3, 2016
My favourite ever movie
used to watch it every week
½ January 17, 2016
A Classic. Hadn't seen it for a while and if you really want to see a romantic comedy what else is out there but the classics.
December 28, 2015
Probably the best movie I have ever seen in my entire life. I laugh and cry every time I watch it!
½ December 23, 2015
Excellent. One of the best romantic comedies I've ever seen. This film is so damn funny...both Crystal and Ryan are fantastic here. I love the writing, and the story is great. If you haven't seen this yet, you're missing out.
December 13, 2015
When Harry Met Sally is refreshing. It's sarcastic and down to earth, the characters are amusing and dimensional and the chemistry between the leads is easy and entertaining to watch. It doesn't break any new ground, but it isn't a cliche and it's a perfectly amusing romantic comedy.
December 13, 2015
Harry and Sally revisited 26 years later. This time around I realised exactly how much this film owes to Woody Allen.
December 4, 2015
This is such a classic love story. I myself am a sucker for a good love story, and this is nothing but that. The music and fashion in this movie already make it amazing, aside from the funny, quirky personalities between the two characters. The entire story is a waiting game to see such amazing characters fall in love. I love this movie so much, I could watch it over and over!