When Ladies Meet Reviews

• Apr 01, 2016

Dreadfully stagy and talky.

Dreadfully stagy and talky.

• Jan 29, 2014

Joan Crawford always seems out of place in comedies to me, but I suppose I always find her acting style rather odd and out of place in most films. I guess it's just especially pronounced in comedies. Joan plays a novelist who's in love with her publisher, Herbert Marshall, despite meeting his charming wife, Greer Garson. She also has a dear friend played by Robert Taylor, so I'm sure you can guess where film ends up. For a romantic comedy, there is little romantic spark and not a lot of laughs.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Apr 21, 2013

Glossy drama played by super professionals. Spring Byington is cutely addled in a film full of people acting terribly adult.

• Aug 01, 2012

ok remake but i like the 1933 version best

ok remake but i like the 1933 version best

• Apr 04, 2011

This movie has some wonderful lines delivered smartly by Robert Taylor and Spring Byington mostly. But as Kent wisely says, to believe that Herbert Marshall AND Robert Taylor would pass over gorgeous, classy Greer Garson for manly, pointy, and harsh Joan Crawford is stretching the imagination to a ridiculous extent. It still has redeeming performances and Taylor is charming and adorable.

• Jul 19, 2010

& is a remake of a 1933 pre-code version

& is a remake of a 1933 pre-code version

• Apr 14, 2010

love the gardening ensemble - did adrian design it?

love the gardening ensemble - did adrian design it?

• Apr 26, 2006

[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/hereinmyhead/when_ladies_meet.jpg[/IMG] Why take bitter friends Greer Garson (then queen MGM) and Joan Crawford (in her hated MGM days) and put them in such a boring film? Why did MGM waste Crawford so much? Yeah there are a few Crawford MGM films that standout and then some are just great fashion flicks but this one just bores. Though there is a fierce Crawford gown at the beginning. Wasted talent!!