When Nature Calls (The Outdoorsters) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

When Nature Calls (The Outdoorsters) Reviews

½ December 5, 2012
It's a parody/satire along the lines of KENTUCKY FRIED MOVIE; AIRPLANE 2 and other silly and extremely stupid comedies. This is Troma's version, thus the jokes are a lot dumber and the production is lousy but it still works on a certain level and even has a few laugh out loud moments with plenty of chuckles in between. It's lowbrow and idiotic but it works on the basest of levels. Unfortunately it does run out of gas as the end draws near. It will highly help to be under the influence in order to enjoy this movie in the best light possible.
½ July 13, 2011
Ok, so most people know I'm a fan of Troma's films, but this one isn't your standard Troma fare- yes it's low budget, but it's not filled with blood and violence- rather, it's almost normal, or at least what passes for it in Tromaville. I discovered this movie at a local video store (which is rare for Troma flicks) and decided to look it up. Trailer looked funny, but for the life of me I could not find a copy online to watch or download.. Then I mentioned it on the forum for a movie site, and some blessed soul uploaded his copy.. I gotta say, it lived up to the lunacy of the trailer, with great trailer and commercial parodies (and a Let's Go to the Lobby Orgy you will never forget) an oddball plot (a girl losing it to a bear, though you see nothing, is played so innocently it's hard not to laugh, a "native american" who's actually an Italian from Brooklyn) and the usual Troma humor. Hard to find, but if you like Troma, or films like The Kentucky Fried Movie and Amazon Women of the Moon, it's worth tracking down.
January 20, 2011
A stupid comedy about a family who goes to live out in the woods thinking it's safer than the city! Actually there are a couple of really funny scenes, but mostly it's not funny.
May 24, 2010
This movie has a good amount of funny gags, but also a good amount of unfunny scenes as well. It felt a little long because the story runs out of steam and they just kind of seem to add gags that don't need to be there before they get to the end, and the end was alright, but the couple of scenes before that could have been cut out.