When Saturday Comes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

When Saturday Comes Reviews

½ November 8, 2016
Really breath-taking film. Both Football fans and movie fans will enjoy this movie.
½ March 16, 2015
Not quite as entertaining as Fever Pitch, but a good Saturday post-game watch. (Probably more so for Arsenal fans).
½ September 6, 2014
I find it quite difficult to provide an objective review of this film considering the subject matter involved!
Sean Bean plays the lead in this low budget independent film from 1995 about a thirty something Sheffielder who somehow becomes a first team hero at Sheffield United FC. Yes them.
Just the sight of one of my childhood Sheffield Wednesday heroes Mel Sterland playing in the streaky bacon kit from the nineties made me want to vomit.
The only good thing from this film was a song from Joe Cocker and seeing the old Stones Cannon Brewery. Sadly no longer there.
January 27, 2014
As a big football and British film fan I loved it, a 90's favourite of mine that I can watch time and time again.
May 27, 2013
A very cheaply made film about football on a Saturday and this film focuses on one particular player in the football team.
November 6, 2012
If you like football as much a me and you always dreamed of making it but never did,
Then this is how i would of hoped it had happened,
This movie covers everything you want in a rags to riches football movie the movie is a joy to watch.
The performance by Shaun Bean was great (as usual) and Pete Postlewaite puts in a great performance again, the story just flows nicely and easy to watch.
Its a movie i watched again and again when i was a kid and have it on dvd.
Even now i watch it and something inside me wants to get on to a football pitch and get spotted just like Jimmy does here.
To Jimmy life was just a game... Until the game became his life!
9/10
August 8, 2012
Packed with cliches but enjoyable!
½ March 11, 2012
some flashes of truly bad acting, but a nice bit of northern culture that I don't mind watching once every 10 years.
½ December 27, 2011
Really Cool, predictable as Hell, but who cares, if Rocky was from Sheffield and was into football this film would be the result - I wasn't alive during this period so I can't really tell whether they're just playing into northern stereotypes, or whether Sheffield was genuinely this desolate and deprived...but yeah this is a good underdog tale so who gives a shit. something different, and if you're a Sheffield united fan all the more appealing.
June 23, 2011
i think this film is great.i think sean bean who plays jimmy muir is a great actor.but the main thing is it is a football film.
June 2, 2011
Possibly the greatest film ever made.

Starring, erm....me!
July 31, 2010
Rocky with balls, Sheffield accents and Tennants Extra.
October 18, 2009
Football films do not work
July 25, 2009
Great film sean bean is jimmy muir absolutly fabulous
June 3, 2009
Great story, decent acting - Football scenes are poor though.. Watchable.
½ January 18, 2009
Ah yes! The classic 'brother died down t'pit but i'll have a pie, bang a stripper and play for t' blades' scenario.
October 3, 2008
pretty good british footy film
August 31, 2008
Classic, although end was spoilt a bit using fake footballers