When the Bough Breaks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

When the Bough Breaks Reviews

April 21, 2016
As a thriller, this gothic fantasy (so one suspends disbelief) was masterfully written, directed, scored, and filmed for very effective suspense right down to the grande guignol ending.
½ December 12, 2014
Middling police thriller.
August 5, 2012
Tara Subkoff is very suggestive!
½ June 1, 2010
½ June 1, 2010
70/100. Suspenseful and interesting in spite of a few holes in the plot. Ally Walker gives a convincing performance. It has a great pace and it held my interest throughout. Good story and well written. I am surprised the reviews weren't better. I thought it was a great mystery thriller.
½ October 7, 2008
It seems there were a few things left untold. I wanted to know what happened to the detective as a child. Plus what was wrong with the girls hands? It only says they were deformed. All & all, not a bad movie.
½ July 9, 2008
Review will be written when/if re-watched (Probability: Zero).

First viewing: 07.03.1999
½ May 25, 2008
I love Ally Walker so this is an obvious pick for me. It's got the lovely macabre story line, but Ally does something with her voice that I can't quite place, like she's trying to hard for the deep throaty thing that she already has....she doesn't need to enhance it....in doing it, she takes away from her natural sexiness.
½ March 31, 2008
This movie just wasn't good. Period. It tried to be clever and creepy, and failed on both counts. I did, however, enjoy Martin Sheen in big hats.
½ March 24, 2008
Special Investigator (Walker) arrives to help local authorities led by Sheen. A bunch of children's hands have turned up ... who's hand are they and why have they been surgically removed? And how is it connected to a local autistic boy locked away in a mental institution? Pretty good movie, not your typical who-done-it.
½ February 27, 2008
Quite good - I did not fall asleep!
February 18, 2008
An extremely "Poor Man's" version of Silence of the Lambs without the fava beans and chianti.
February 18, 2008
the dad getting off on his cripple handed daughter banging the piano was pretty interesting.
½ September 15, 2007
Not a great thriller but enjoyable
May 27, 2007
one of the best films i have ever seen..... must of watched it at least 100 times

Ally Walker plays a police detective who investigates the apparent serial killing of several children which is linked to an institutionalized, autistic child.