When Time Ran Out - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

When Time Ran Out Reviews

½ January 16, 2011
I saw the 109 minute DVD edit, which already seemed endless, but apparently there's a 2 hr 24 min cut out there as well? Ack. The worse a disaster movie is the more uproarious the exposition is, and this is no exception. We're clearly not here for a serious drama about an oil baron and infidelity and retired vaudevillians, so just let the volcano asplode already so we can get out of here.
jjnxn
October 13, 2010
Dumb unbelievable disaster movie from the end of that cycle that inexplicably stars some of the biggest stars of the 70's. Everybody seems pretty disengaged and it's sad to see William Holden once so vital and charismatic a burnt out shell, alcoholic and rather haunted. The special effects are laughably bad and the whole thing moves at a snail's pace.
½ June 9, 2010
The tried-and-true Irwin Allen formula never fails to entertain me.
March 31, 2010
Two words can describe this movie. Padding and Cliches. I mean if you wanna watch just for laughs thats fine. Thats why I watched it. But man is just bad. I don't know that much about volcanoes but I can tell you that pools of lava do not just have random explosions. And yes the effects are extremely bad. And there is a ton of padding I mean alot of the footage is of the cast walking, or driving or looking at something. And the cast ya they're pretty much in this for a paycheck. This is the film that Paul Newman said he regreatted doing. The cliches in this movie... man. The movie was produced by Irwin Allen whose made a ton of disaster films. Two I love, but a lot of the character and moments in the movie were from some of his other movies. I mean come on!!! Watch if you want... but except epic badness... I mean... really bad. But you know I think I'd still rather watch this than Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
½ February 20, 2010
This is a bad movie. A movie so unwatchable that all the actors sleep walk through. Considering that many of them were just fulfilling a contract, it's no wonder. Basically, this is the last of the disaster movie genre and you can see why. the special effects are terrible. I mean, c'mon, when Pat Morita goes tumbling off the bridge into the volcano, it looks like he's doing a back flip at the Olympics and when the pic resort blows up at the end, you like wow, a piece of burning hot lava rock would make a big hotel explode on impact.
½ January 24, 2010
Labouring disaster movie that is so bad it actually retains a lot of charm.
January 13, 2010
What a pile of crap, God knows why Paul Newman signed up for this
November 30, 2009
Typical Irwin Allen disaster movie effort with the usual full range of characters - though this time the menace is a volcano. In all honesty it has dated badly and it's quite dull - but i always had a thing for Veronica Hamel in a pair of jodhpurs!
½ November 16, 2009
I remember seeing this movie a long time ago and I believe the scene where they crossed the bridge over the lava flow to be epic.
August 1, 2009
Terrible fx but i thought this was class when i was a wee boy.
½ April 22, 2009
Really shitty, but also pretty entertaining (mostly for the "special" effects).
½ December 2, 2008
Not a great spectacular effect film, but the plot was still good.
September 28, 2008
paul was a great man. he will be missed
½ August 15, 2008
It's like Thunderbirds meets Love Boat meets Earthquake. Completely awful.