Reviews

• Oct 27, 2012

An unamusing tale. Caveman comedy void of laughs. Only thing of interest is the periodic scenes of Senta Berger in her cavegirl outfit. Just not enough for me to recommend people not to steer clear.

• Oct 21, 2012

I thought this was pretty funny but apparently no one else seems to think so.

I thought this was pretty funny but apparently no one else seems to think so.

• Mar 19, 2012

• Oct 14, 2010

One of my guilty pleasures, a laughably trite & childish softcore sex-romp, a more prurient version of Ringo Starr's later "Caveman". Typically trashy Italian goof-fest with tons of endless cartoonish action, and a basically non-existent plot, with a stream of mostly smutty vignettes haphazardly tied together. But the lovely Senta Berger is VERY easy on the eyes as she thankfully cavorts around near-nude in the skimpiest of animal pelts, making Raquel Welch in "One Million Years B.C." seem over-dressed!

• May 18, 2010

The sequel is much better: Quando gli uomini armarono la clava e... con le donne fecero din-don aka When Men Carried Clubs and Women Played Ding-Dong D: Bruno Corbucci Italian sex farce that is Lysistrata for morons, starring Antonio Sabato Sr. in a loincloth and mullet wig. Sergio's little brother Bruno directs competently, but this is mainly enjoyable for the sheer celebration of idiocy on screen. Those so inclined may enjoy the sight of the elder Sabato's abs or a bit of a sexy dance and topless writhing, (post-ding-dong) from the gorgeous Nadia Cassini. But most of the running time is taken up with giant buffalo shots of fat old men butting heads like rutting animals. Equally offensive is the stereotypical gay village technologist, who sports ponytails on both sides and back with sideburns for good measure. Perhaps the best ting about it is the "I troglomen" theme song, written by Corbucci and composer Giancarlo Chiaramello, with power chords by Italian prog rockers Gli Alluminogeni: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os07zgu8f-0

• Sep 13, 2009

"Are you dancing or farting?" Actual quote. Need I say more?

"Are you dancing or farting?" Actual quote. Need I say more?