Where Do We Go Now? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Where Do We Go Now? Reviews

½ May 7, 2016
I love the concept of women swapping their religion to gain peace.
½ March 23, 2016
maybe people who are not lebanese have difficulties to appreciate this movie? personnally I found this film great! It deserves more postive critics!
½ February 8, 2016
A nice drama-comedy. The idea is very good gut it's not well developed.

The cast is also good but the fails in story are what makes the movie not to work completely.
October 16, 2015
Labaki fails terribly trying to combine in the same film a lighthearted comedy and a serious statement on intolerance in the Middle East, as her story moves with no tact from constant silly jokes to tragedy to corny melodrama and ends in an unbelievably naive last scene that is an offense to the viewer's intelligence.
½ August 2, 2015
The Lebanese always make movies in a great way, the angle of the camera the eye of the director pretty close to French movies but with Arabian sensation ...
April 4, 2015
this movie is underrated
March 31, 2015
Amazingly touching. It's a movie that can make you laugh and cry at the same time. Great story of intolerance in religion and splendid ending which refers directly to the title. A real work of art from Nadine Labaki and great acting.
February 5, 2015
This was an interesting story full of laughs, fighting, and heartbreak.
June 16, 2014
Truly an inspiring story.
May 15, 2014
Labaké's film is explores the banality of religious strife in a small fictitious Lebanese village, where the smallest spark can ignite a conflict with devastating consequences. The women of the village united in grief attempt in all sorts of ingenious ways to keep the peace among the hot-headed men, who co-exist precariously side by side. Sometimes comical and at other times tragic, the story evolves in surprising ways, keeping the viewer guessing about the final resolution. The village atmosphere is captivating, and the characters curiously charming, despite their many shortcomings. The films borrows a little from Turkish cinema like Visontele, but does one better with a clear statement against the war of men, which leaves nothing but widows and ignorance in its midst. The locations, interiors and musical score blend beautifully and are as crucial to the story as any of the characters. It's hard not to be proud when a fellow Lebanese with the courage of conviction and the craft of movie making, is able to present the world with such a poignant portrayal of what is wrong with our country. I hope we can all learn some lessons about the folly of war, since our country, just like that village, is too small and far too fragile to survive another war of attrition.
May 6, 2014
?? ???? ?????? ??? ?? ????? ????????? ?????? ??? ??????? ???? .. ???? ?????
April 23, 2014
Could well be the best Lebanese film i've ever seen!
January 15, 2014
i can't determine whether this village is lost ,or the rest of the world is !
December 30, 2013
Não só uma inspirada crítica aos conflitos religiosos, mas também uma verdadeira ode à maior sensibilidade e racionalismo do sexo feminino. Alterna com enorme eficácia entre momentos bastante tensos e sequências extremamente hilárias.
½ December 13, 2013
A really touching movie. Reflects the reality of Lebanon. Amazing. Just loved it :')
October 27, 2013
A very good film about a small village in the midst of religious sectarian warfare in Lebanon. Done very humorously and with great respect... for my part though I tire of the"Whose Invisible Sky Wizard" is best so let's kill each other Trope. Baffling that those in the midst of it do not tire of it as the women in this village have.
October 19, 2013
foreign film. excellent film. plot , you are in a town where half of the village is Christian half is Muslim. And even though most of the mother's jab buried other children, they try to keep the village from th men killing each other. brilliant, well acted, keep you laughing the whole movie seeing what these very different women to keep.peace in the village. there is a very sad part in the movie but the ending of the movie is priceless.
October 14, 2013
Je ne sais pas s'il s'agit d'un fait và (C)cu mais je suis certain que des histoires semblables sont certainement survenues... J'ai bien apprà (C)cià (C)!
September 9, 2013
Where Do We Go Now? won't put an end to the world's religious strife, but it shows that taking a stand and making the effort to solve the problem -- no matter how unorthodox the solutions may be -- is preferable to allowing violence to beget more violence, of allowing a peaceful and peace-loving village to devolve into a cesspool of hate and violence, for its land to become as deadly as the mine field that surrounds it. The movie makes light of the solution rather than the problem. It doesn't disparage religion or those who practice any of its variants, but it does speak loudly against divisions becoming more than a mere war of words. It's a fun but meaningful and heartfelt movie that tells a good story and is shaped by strong performances, quality direction, and a wonderful score.
½ August 20, 2013
Being half-Lebanese (on my mother's side), I was interested to see a movie about the devastating civil war that destroyed the country. This movie is about a small village in the mist of the civil war, while trying to remain peaceful, the war eventually comes to them making the Muslims and Christians turn on each other. A woman named Amale and her friends try to find a solution to the tension before the war consumes the entire village. This movie is just okay. It's quirky and inconsistent with random singing sequences and a tonal identity crisis (doesn't know if it want to be a comedy or a serious drama). It's of a somewhat recommendable, but a subject like the Lebanese civil war deserves a better treatment.