Where Do We Go Now? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Where Do We Go Now? Reviews

August 12, 2013
Odd little movie..but quirky. Part musical at times (random singing sequences--ex. women singing together whilst they bake goodies to drug the men in their village). Seemed a little confused on whether it wanted to be a comedy, drama, or a musical. It even had a blossoming love connection that they started, then seemed to forget about. Like a said...odd movie.
June 12, 2013
Amazing movie !!!! Nadine labaki is a great director !!
April 3, 2013
highly enjoyable, feel good film
March 30, 2013
Fantastic! Thanks to Ebru for bringing it to my attention, an to Lama for making the viewing possible. Sad at times, but plenty of laugh out loud moments to lighten the serious aspects of the film. Simply put, Christian and Muslim men try to out man each other, and it falls on the women to lessen the tension, without the men knowing they are being played. Makes for a lot of fun at times. Hopefully women get an increasingly larger voice in world affairs, for the men have screwed up for far too long.
March 20, 2013
Beautifully crafted ... a must see !!!
March 20, 2013
"Where Do We Go Now?" walks a fine line from scene to scene. It's religious subject matter is undeniably touchy, but director Nadine Labaki and co. confront these age old issues with lighthearted farce, sentimentality, hard drama, jarring musical numbers and no little whimsy. Few films could have such element coexist to positive results, but Labaki uses them to strengthen the film. They don't come off as superficial and compliment her vision. This is a great little film that deserves to be seen for a myriad of reasons, most of which is it's impressive thematic balancing act. If you are looking for a stern, serious condemnation of religious indifferences, look elsewhere. "Where Do We Go Now?" is a parable that plays by it's own rules, in it's own world, but screams just as loud.
½ March 19, 2013
Easily one of the most entertaining films I've seen in a while. Very highly recommended!
February 18, 2013
Av og med vakre Nadine Labaki.
February 16, 2013
I loved this movie. I'm very surprised to see that it has gotten such a low rating.
½ February 14, 2013
I loved this movie! In some wonderful but unfathomable way it was tragic and funny, sometimes at the same moment. But it worked. The women of the village, with help from their religious leaders, some Ukrainian strippers, and hashish stop their men from participating in current religious strife. This movie proves why women should rule the world. Great flick.
February 12, 2013
many stolen elements from
the film deals very Superficial a complex political situation.
and the problem is that the director think that she really did solve the reason for fight in the ME. the film moves from drama to comedy to silliness and some time to Arabic video clip type of direction.
it is a big disappointment from the director of caramel
½ February 10, 2013
Heavily influenced by the works of Emir Kusturica.
January 31, 2013
Brilliant movie with a brilliant message! I have never laughed so hard while there are tears of sadness in my eyes too. I love the actresses who played the women of the village, just brilliant!!!
December 28, 2012
absolutely WONDERFUL lebanese movie. definitely see it if you can find it.
December 27, 2012
A good story which sometimes struck right at the heart. Nadine Labaki continues to make films that press at hard issues. However, some of her filmmaking needs quite a bit of nit-picking. Then again, that comes with the growing process of any profession. The film is probably more understood from the perspective of Middle-Easterners who tirelessly endure the every-day turmoil of religious wars. In 'Where Do We Go Now', a town of Christians and Muslims must learn to live together. While the men constantly step on one anothers' toes, it is the women who get along gracefully and try to find ways to keep the men from killing each other.
December 22, 2012
It was me being confused, or the story was a bit muddled and the film didn't know whether it was a musical or not.. The issues were timely and interesting, My confusion could be mildly cultural...It is worth seeing though
½ November 29, 2012
Rather disappointing. Too light.
½ November 25, 2012
In the beginning it seems you are watching an adaptation Romeo and Juliet. Having a plot that focuses on a main issue, ?Where do we go now?? captures a rather peaceful world where Christians and Muslims live together in harmony. When the conflict starts and the situation gets tense there is always a joke coming in. In the end the women and the Ukrainian strippers manage to save the day. It would be nice to see this happening more often in the real world too.
November 22, 2012
The least worthy TIFF audience winner in years. It sure is interesting, but never really takes off or connects.