Where the Wild Things Are - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Where the Wild Things Are Reviews

November 4, 2015
third time posting this review flixter enough is enough
½ October 22, 2015
Spike Jonze must have had a broken childhood. The depression abounds and not really appropriate for children. It may help adult children of broken homes to relate or to empathize. As for me, I found it's overall appeal to match its dun colored motif.
½ October 9, 2015
Growing up will rob you of magic and joy.
September 26, 2015
Brilliant, but not for everyone. It's for those who remember what it's like to be a kid and the confusion of growing up. Wonderful, Spike Jonze is amazing.
September 19, 2015
I don't know if kids will enjoy this. They might get a bit spooked out by the monsters.
September 13, 2015
this is my favorite book ever
August 26, 2015
i love this movie, its one of my favorite childhood memories and will always be one
August 21, 2015
It didn't really work for me. I loved the book, but to turn a twenty page book into a whole hour and a half movie seems a huge task, and obviously they couldn't handle. It just felt awkward at times, and definitely a disappointment.
½ August 19, 2015
Wonderful it makes me cry every time I watch it. A
August 9, 2015
Too sad and too depressing than the book.
½ August 7, 2015
There's so much depth and emotional value that's so strong and well written that you feel emotionally connected to each character. Spike Jonze grabs what Sendeck did in his book, and expands the plot into a deeper thought and further explanation into the main character then the book itself. There's also psychological thought in this movie with the character relating to Max and it's charming, sweet and beautiful.
August 7, 2015
Horrifically disturbing
August 3, 2015
I don't get it but was enjoyable.
August 2, 2015
Where the Wild Things Are is an okay children's film that doesn't delight, but rather bores
½ July 8, 2015
Where The Wild Things Are is one of the most satisfying kids films I've seen in quite a while. The movie does however have certain moments that are too dark for children, particularly where The Wild Things threaten to eat Max. Either way, Where The Wild Things Are is visually beautiful, has great voice acting, a strong lead from Max Records, and a heartfelt insight into the emotional complexities of children Max's age. When given thought, The Wild Things are a mirrored image of Max's emotions. Where The Wild Things Are is wild, charming, and fun.
July 3, 2015
A strange but achingly beautiful film about the loss of innocence, intended not so much for children but for adults who look back upon childhood with fondness and pain.
June 29, 2015
This Movie Is Absolutely Extraordinary & Inspiring . ??
June 24, 2015
If you look deeper into this film, you will realize how smart it is. It's intelligence is so massive, that it's hard for the human mind to comprehend it upon first watching it
½ June 21, 2015
Boring and tedious. Be nice and love your family. We get it but this thing about kid's fantasy minds has been done before.
June 15, 2015
It's not exactly what I expected to come from a children's book, but Where the Wild Things Are is artistically and emotionally resonating.