Where the Wild Things Are - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Where the Wild Things Are Reviews

December 31, 2015
This is a quaint and sweet tale of imagination, feeling misunderstood, and childhood hardship wrapped inside of a rousing and powerful adventure brimming with artistry like only Spike Jonze is fully capable of.
½ December 20, 2015
I pretty much spent 70% of this movie crying. Shocked it's so underrated. Oh and the costumes/special effects are some of the best I've seen in recent years. 4 1/2 out of 5.
December 18, 2015
A little too weird for me, but still really interesting to watch.
November 30, 2015
"I'm max."

A film dedicated to discovering emotion. The beautiful story of a young boy. Made possible and incredible by Spike Jonze.
November 14, 2015
great movie but very sad and it reminds you alot of childhood
½ November 9, 2015
I just watch this, haven read the book as a child and it being one of my favorites, I thought I would really like it, but I didn't! The boy acted like a brat, the creatures acted like they were just insane! They weren't cute or even really funny! In the end it made very little sense and I found myself happy when it finally ended! It was boring for the most part, and disturbing the rest of the time! It seems it could have been done allot better!
November 4, 2015
third time posting this review flixter enough is enough
½ October 22, 2015
Spike Jonze must have had a broken childhood. The depression abounds and not really appropriate for children. It may help adult children of broken homes to relate or to empathize. As for me, I found it's overall appeal to match its dun colored motif.
½ October 9, 2015
Growing up will rob you of magic and joy.
September 26, 2015
Brilliant, but not for everyone. It's for those who remember what it's like to be a kid and the confusion of growing up. Wonderful, Spike Jonze is amazing.
September 19, 2015
I don't know if kids will enjoy this. They might get a bit spooked out by the monsters.
September 13, 2015
this is my favorite book ever
August 26, 2015
i love this movie, its one of my favorite childhood memories and will always be oneā¢
August 21, 2015
It didn't really work for me. I loved the book, but to turn a twenty page book into a whole hour and a half movie seems a huge task, and obviously they couldn't handle. It just felt awkward at times, and definitely a disappointment.
½ August 19, 2015
Wonderful it makes me cry every time I watch it. A
August 9, 2015
Too sad and too depressing than the book.
½ August 7, 2015
There's so much depth and emotional value that's so strong and well written that you feel emotionally connected to each character. Spike Jonze grabs what Sendeck did in his book, and expands the plot into a deeper thought and further explanation into the main character then the book itself. There's also psychological thought in this movie with the character relating to Max and it's charming, sweet and beautiful.
August 7, 2015
Horrifically disturbing
August 3, 2015
I don't get it but was enjoyable.
August 2, 2015
Where the Wild Things Are is an okay children's film that doesn't delight, but rather bores