Which Way Home - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Which Way Home Reviews

½ July 16, 2014
'Which Way Home' is an incredible documentary that reveals some sincere insight into the journey that many Central Americans make: attempting to enter the United States.

Heartfelt and magnificent, this film illustrates the demanding journey north in the most honest way I've ever seen.
½ June 26, 2014
For those of you that haven't seen this documentary, this is a "Must See" movie/documentary ... In this time and day June 27th, 2014, this doc follows the children in their quest to reach the USofA ... My question goes to the producers of this doc for any update to the children, Olga & Freddy ... "I hope the God would be there for these two in their efforts to reach their families in the USofA!
May 18, 2014
Cinematic, suspenseful, poignant--provides an insider's look at the tumultuous journey across the border, while illuminating the human cost of economic inequality and globalization on families and children.
½ February 8, 2014
An eye-opening and moving look at the lives of child migrants trying to get to the US.
½ December 27, 2013
Poignant, harrowing documentary.
December 24, 2013
A documentary which shows the other side of the cross-border immigration. Unlike most other documentaries, this movie is produced from the other side of the fence. "Which Way Home" could raise awareness to the average Americans that behind all the immigration debate, there are millions out there who are trying to get a chance at a better life.
September 18, 2013
Informative yet grim documentary; I highly recommend watching it.
September 10, 2013
One of the most powerful documentaries I've ever seen.
½ June 29, 2013
Tragically sad. well made doc.
½ June 12, 2013
Which Way Home a documentary directed by Rebecca Cammisa. Cammisa received Fulbright Scholar Grant to make the documentary in 2006 - the documentary premiered on HBO. Which Way Home was nominated for Best Documentary.

Documentary covers the (almost) failed attempt by children from Mexico or Latin America to reach United States on top of a freight train that crosses Mexico known as "La Bestia" (The Beast). The documentary shows the worst aftermaths of such decisions resulting in wandering into lethal desert, chopping in several pieces due to fall off the train.

I wasn't surprised to see children on top of train; for we have ourselves seen children traveling atop the train from Larkano (Sindh, Pakistan) to mausoleum of centuries old pious saint "Lal Shahbaz Qaladar (Red Shahbaz Qalandar)" in Sewan (Sindh, Pakistan - visited by people from India, Afghanistan, Iran, Germany, US etc). They risk sitting on piston of moving train (yes horrible incidents seldom occur). of course for those who are neighbor of developed country like the US, people from mere countries like Honduras and Mexico etc would often attempt to reach (if there ever was train between the China and Pakistan, people would be conducting the same tread - on recent visit to Pakistan by Chinese premier the launch of train-network has been proposed between China and Pakistani port city Karachi).

Documentary contains nothing except the stories of ordinary children, who matter not even their own families or the state or the child-care institutes or the audience such as myself. Child-care institutes just for the names only, parenting which is typical of rural Mexico or any other country from South America.

The documentary can be informational to people who are unknown to struggle of the people to reach the US; but we already know the myth and efforts.
½ September 2, 2012
A gripping documentary about immigration.
½ July 25, 2012
Shocking documentary... Well worth seeing.
½ June 12, 2012
What a sad documentary...
½ April 5, 2012
Another Oscar nominated documentary film that follows child migrants, ages 9 - 16, who attempt to cross into the United States on their own by way of a freight train. The film's director, Rebecca Cammisa received a Fulbright Scholar Grant to produce the documentary in 2006. The movie premiered on HBO on August 24, 2009. The story is told through the kids who are challenged every day by hunger, fatigue, depression, and danger, in the hopes of finding a better life for their families once they reach their destination. It would receive my vote for the Oscar if I was in the Academy. WATCH FOR IT ON DVD 01/25/11 !!!
February 21, 2012
only movie/cinema I've ever cried to.
October 24, 2011
It was a good documentary but it only shows the troubles of illegal immigration from one perspective.
September 1, 2011
Absoletely honest documentary - one of the best I ever seen.
August 13, 2011
awesome and powerful yet sad and heart breaking this doc does it all.
August 9, 2011
#WhichWayHome /B+/ It's very sad and important viewing.