Whiskers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Whiskers Reviews

August 24, 2014
The movie is good ! Not good, It;s amazing <3
½ October 12, 2013
Good for a child to watch. Painful for an adult.
February 14, 2013
Jesus Christ this movie is awful.
½ December 18, 2012
Cute cat movie for kids.
½ June 15, 2009
Absolutely amazing. Watch this with somebody who laughs a lot. My stomach was hurting pretty badly.
May 19, 2008
Whiskers is a movie about a human-turned cat. Meaning a cat became a human.

The plot is pretty simple.

[SPOILER] Little boy thinks parents will give away his cat that he loves, he finds a cat goddess, wishes cat was little boy so parents can't give him away (more on that later), cat turns unto a 30-year-old man, no plot for a while, they search for the catman's mom, almost give up until a goddess intervenes, find her, and then they part ways as the little boys find out his parents were just going to send the cat to the vet, but the big secret was the kid's mom was pregnant.[/SPOILER]

Seriously, they must have thought up of the plot in...10 minutes. The acting was borderline terrible. The kid needed acting lessons from a bad actor in order to pass as a bad actor, he's that bad. The others simply needed acting lessons. The one guy I did enjoy was the cat who became a man. But the best performers were the cats themselves. The editing is decent for a film made in 1997. The movie is somewhat enjoyable: the catman was simply hillarious, and was the only saving grace for this movie. The music was cheesy and childish-but it's fine cause it's for kids. The special effects, which would be utter fail today, were average for back then.

Overall today this is a below average film with a 4/10. I recommend watching the clips of catman but not the entire movie.

Common Sense: Why did the kid think that if his cat was a little boy his parents wouldn't give him away? How would he tell his parents? "I wished upon an ancient deity and my cat became a boy." I guess...Wouldn't his parents notice his cat wasn't with him? How come the kid always wears the same clothes-and after a night inbetween the same boxers/undershirt in bed (I only noticed this cause I take note of costumes when I see movies of ALL characters...)? This movie lacks in a lot of common sense and pure stupid characters.
May 14, 2008
Just saw this movie with my own little whiskers on my lap. I liked it but he liked it more. Just before drinking his milk he said he wished he could a real boy too. If only 10/10 LOL!!!!!!!!11!!!!!11!!!!1!!!!!!1