White Stripes: Under Blackpool Lights - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

White Stripes: Under Blackpool Lights Reviews

January 6, 2008
Amazing concert footage. I love this band's style. Best played as loud as possible.
December 31, 2007
REAAALLYY good concert footage. Sort of filmed in 70's style cinematography, like an old Zeppelin show on film. This was the show of shows, great viewing & listening pleasure. HIGHLY recommend.
December 22, 2007
Simply divine: no further comments necessary.
½ November 24, 2007
I really love the stripes!
November 21, 2007
Anything I could possibly write here would be a colossal understatement.
November 20, 2007
best live dvd ever crazy guitar skillz!
November 3, 2007
Seeing this cemented my already firm belief that the white stripes are indeed one of the best bands around. I am sad that he didn't play for us boll weevil live as he did in the video; i heard that he plays it if he considers the crowds to be great.
October 30, 2007
this is chock full of goodness. jack white is inspirational, always...one of the best shows i've seen of theirs-and a great one to watch over and over...
October 26, 2007
I have watched this DVD so much, I can't even count. I love the White Stripes and this recording has some amazing footage. Jolene is by far the highlight of the dvd. Generally I don't like concert dvds, but this is the exception.
October 26, 2007
October 22, 2007
They are a damn good band throw it on and enjoy. turn off the tv even and just listen
½ September 21, 2007
Excellent concert film. The only reason to make a concert film or an album live, is if you have something apart from your regular albums to say. This works.
September 11, 2007
this is amazing! the white stripes sound so great live & i could watch them for days even w/o sound! they're definately one of the best bands of our time & are such a great band live.
September 5, 2007
I'm not exaggerating when I say Jack White is my hero.
August 11, 2007
This isn't really a movie ... but whatever. Great lo-fi footage of the best live band of the past decade.
August 10, 2007
Greatest band ever, this sums up everything there is to like about them
August 8, 2007
very good for people that like white stripes like me!!
August 3, 2007
One of the best live DVDs ever. They are awesome in concert (I saw them recently)
August 3, 2007
The White Stripes are incredible live. I bought this after seeing them in Fairfax to tide me over until I can see them again.
½ July 26, 2007
I bought this hoping to see a live performance of "Ball and Biscuit." And I got it. But what I loved were the improvised covers that Jack White segues into without warning. The hits are here also, as well as many of the lesser-known songs, which are often as good, if not better. "Under Blackpool Lights" serves as a good overview, too, of the Stripes' career up to 2004, and a testament to their energetic live performances.