White Commanche (1968)

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Movie Info

In this film, the twin sons of a white man and an Indian woman must struggle to overcome both their sibling rivalry and their conflicting identities.
Art House & International , Drama , Western
Directed By:
In Theaters:
Producciones Cinematograficas

Critic Reviews for White Commanche

All Critics (2)

White Comanche is a would-be cult item, albeit one with a weak pulse, since the Shatner character who gets the most screen time, isn't endowed with much personality.

Full Review… | March 4, 2015
The Dissolve

A Western that's too wacky to overlook.

Full Review… | January 27, 2005
Ozus' World Movie Reviews

Audience Reviews for White Commanche

140830: How low can you go? William Shatner in a spaghetti western, and a pretty bad spaghetti western to boot. This film is corny, but that corniness brought a few smiles to my face. Getting shot in the forehead seems to be a common cause of death in Rio Hondo. Some fun characters but don't become too attached as many of them die in a big gun battle halfway through. Shatner plays two roles, those of twin brothers, thereby doubling the amount of bad acting on his part. Comically poor but a must see for spaghetti and Shatner fans who can put up with all the nonsense. The musical accompaniment is memorable.

John Redshaw
John Redshaw

So bad it's funny. I watched it with my finger on the fast forward button part of the time, and the rest of the time I was howling at the horrible dialog and non-existent plot. It's bizarre, and if you think truly bad cinema can be entertaining it's a must.

Morris Nelms
Morris Nelms

This is the worst western I have ever seen. All the dialogue is terrible (although some of it was unintentionally funny), the lighting is substandard, and everyone's timing is off. Joseph Cotten is the sherriff and William Shatner pulls double duty as both the noble cowboy and his evil native american brother. The novie was shot in spain and no one in the film sounds even vagely western, A film like this makes you appreciate how good Leoni really was.

vittorio carli
vittorio carli

White Commanche Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss White Commanche on our Movie forum!

News & Features