Directed by Roland Emmerich

Yeah, it's gonna suck.
Jeff P.
04-2-2013 04:27 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

cj t.

cj thomas

I think him and UWE BOLL are brothers

Aug 29 - 04:31 PM

James Mitchell

anders peter

I liked Annonymous and The Patriot, all of his other movies suck though, maybe this will be the exception

Jul 8 - 07:25 PM

OG Cutler

Cutler's 5th Account

It has a 50%

Jun 29 - 02:40 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Yeah. I think I hear a Best Picture nod coming its way.

Jun 29 - 03:04 PM

Mr k.

Mr khan

The guy ruined by childhood monster -_-

Jun 29 - 02:38 PM

Overfed Jed

Overfed Jed

Hey, ah, you forgot Independence Day ha ha. You, ah, do like Independence Day right?

Jun 28 - 03:09 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Jeff, the days of Emmerich making good movies are long gone.

Jun 28 - 03:24 PM

Overfed Jed

Overfed Jed

I know but BUT ah, I can still enjoy Independence day.

Jun 28 - 03:39 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Well, of course. You were in it.

Jun 28 - 03:53 PM

Diego Tutweiller

Diego Hard With a Vengeance

I loved Independence Day but didn't care much for any of his other films.

Jun 17 - 02:01 AM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

I'll hold off until I actually see the flick. People kill me saying a movie is going to suck when they have no intention of actually watching it.

Jun 14 - 05:26 PM

Alex Aston

Alex Aston

I think directors like Emmerich personify what's wrong with modern Hollywood. Sure there are some really good directors in Hollywood as well, but guys like Emmerich and Michael Bay exemplify the worst aspects of big studio production where substance and artistic integrity and sacrificed for cheap forgettable thrills. I have no idea why some of my favorite directors such as Michael Mann or Tarantino can can only make 200-400 million in the box office at best, while Emmerich can make 800 million with a peice of generic Hollywood garbage.

Jun 12 - 03:02 PM

Sharkour

Bret Maverick

Let me explain something to you. LIFE IS TERRIBLE!! work, family, money, it all takes a toll on a person after a long time of it. Half of the country is doped up on anti-depressants, people are growing more upset with the condition of society, plus we all have individual personal problems that we have to deal with. Sometimes, we are not all looking for some deep insight into the human psyche or a movie that will remind us of the very problems that we don't want to think about. Sometimes we just want to turn our brains off and be entertained. Say what you want about Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich, but they understand this and they make movies that appeal to our need to escape the stressful world that we live in even for a short period of time. Yes they may have too many special effects, but people go into the theatre to escape into the world of the cinema and that is what gives value to "cheap forgettable thrills".

Jul 9 - 09:43 PM

Robert Lenski

Robert Lenski

Just hoping it'll be more like Independence Day.
I have reserved optimism it'll have some of the same implausible, but patriotic entertainment of Air Force One, that too directed by a German.

Jun 12 - 11:41 AM

Diego Tutweiller

Diego Hard With a Vengeance

INDEPENDENCE DAY IS A GREAT AND TRUE RELIGION, BLESSINGS AND PEACE BE UPON IT.

Jun 28 - 10:33 AM

John Tyler

John Tyler

Did you watch The Patriot? That was a great fucking movie.

Apr 5 - 12:42 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Did you watch 2012, Godzilla, The Day After Tomorrow or Universal Soldier? Fucking terrible.

Apr 11 - 02:46 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Sorry John, but Alex has a good point there.

Apr 11 - 11:03 PM

Dylan  J.

Dylan Jones

And don't forget about 10,000 BC.

Apr 12 - 01:28 PM

John Tyler

John Tyler

Yes, I did see Roland Emmerich's other movies, yes, even Making Contact, Moon 44, and The Noah's Ark Principle. I didn't think they were bad (I'm not saying they're good). The Patriot is his best film.

Apr 13 - 04:36 PM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

To me its silly to put off a movie because the director has directed some "duds" in the past. I'm pretty sure there are people that like his less popular movies. Are they wrong for that? Not at all. It's funny when someone thinks because they didn't like a movie or the critics didn't like it, that its impossible for other people to enjoy. Fuck that. This whole site is based on opinions anyway.

Jun 21 - 03:45 PM

OG Cutler

Cutler's 5th Account

Some? This muthafucka directed 95% shit. 5% Patriot.

Jun 21 - 10:57 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile