White Noise 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

White Noise 2 Reviews

½ March 1, 2017
this is what the first movie should've been
the previous film had terrible effects and predictable jump-scares but here director Patrick Lussier manages to handle the EVP aspect very accordingly
it's way more scarier and fascinating to learn about the boundaries of life and death plus they insert a few nice Biblical references
Nathan Fillion is a father/husband that loses his family from a diner shoot-in but as he is also near the brink of death he is revived and unknowingly given the ability to foresee others' impending doom
he uses it to save several lives but in the process it comes at a high cost
I really like Katee Sackoff too as one of the victims he saves and starts to develop a romantic connection
Lussier who's collaborated with the late Wes Craven actually knows what he's doing with this material
there are lines we should never cross when it comes to the afterlife, some things are meant to happen, and we can try but can never change them
Fillion is really good, the frights are better, and I gotta say the effects look like a huge improvement
it's hard to make a good follow-up to an already deadweight movie especially in horror but this is one of those rare exceptions that's worth your time
June 28, 2015
Disappointing chiller as a young man has an outer body experience after a failed suicide but has developed powers which enables him to see people who will die very soon.
½ April 24, 2015
Only watched it because of Nathan Fillion. Boring for awhile but picked up towards the end. Eh.
½ February 9, 2015
It was fair. It seemed like its own thing and wasn't really a sequel.
½ February 3, 2015
it a good movie must wanna see it....
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
This is much like the first one and its a decent sequel. Story is about a man who is brought back from life after he died and can now see strange things around him like ghosts and when someone is going to die.. Worth seeing u like thriller/mystery movies.
½ November 29, 2014
Great movie. White Noise 2 is a big improvement over the first in both style and visuals. As it moves a little away from a murder-mystery and recorded white noise, and goes towards a more clearer supernatural aspect, the story gets better, more intriguing, and more suspenseful, with some good jump scares, as well as genuine creepiness. Fillion gives a great performance in the lead role, as well.
August 30, 2014
Good for a bad horror sequel. But hey, it's Nathan Fillion so it has to be part good.
June 3, 2014
A complete spin around from the first. Here everything is interesting and effective. Most scenes may be generic, but are overshadowed by a good performance from Nathan Fillion.
May 19, 2014
a great piece of supernatural filmmaking...better than the first one
½ March 5, 2014
An adequate thriller (filmed in my home town so rather jarring) with a somewhat predictable plot involving ghosties and a supernatural puzzle. What saved it (apart from casting the dreamy Fillion as the lead) was some really clever editing and sound. Even a jaded horror fan like me screeched like a screech owl at one of the jump scares.
½ November 6, 2013
Its interesting how the second white noise is actually way better than the first. Its as if the revamped the whole idea of the film. Though its not the best film in the world its pretty decent film. It's very rare to have a sequel of a movie be better than the first
½ September 30, 2013
Not too bad, plus we even get a Firefly reference.
½ September 7, 2013
Pretty good. A little more spookier than the 1st one.
½ September 4, 2013
Not bad within the fantasy framework of souls, the afterlife and Satan. Fillion was great as always, otherwise it was pretty mediocre.
August 25, 2013
I can't wait to see Nathan in a serious movie!!
½ August 23, 2013
When I first saw the trailer for the original White Noise I was creeped out and really wanted to enjoy the film. But when I saw it I was disappointed, especially by the ending. This second one seems to fix that mistake - firstly with the hiring of Nathan Fillion who does a superb job in this film as conveyed a broken down man who's lost everything. The concept is slightly more ridiculous than the first film but at least it has some semblance of a plot that delivers pace, a few shock scares and one of the most important parts - a good ending. Definitely worth a watch, even if you skip the original.
June 7, 2013
saw this couple weeks ago and already can't remember it...guess it wasn't that great
½ May 11, 2013
This was an interesting story though there was no great mystery to this movie. Fillion was a great leading man and it was definitely worth watching once.
½ March 18, 2013
Surprisingly better than the first one. really enjoyed it.