White Noise 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

White Noise 2 Reviews

February 5, 2013
The first wasnt that scary but the storyline was ok. Lets see what the seconds like...
February 1, 2013
Only the presence of Nathan Fillion saves this from total crappy-ness.
½ January 8, 2013
Hate it never watching it again, the first one was better even though the first white noise wasn't a good movie, don't ever watch them they are crap movies, I don't want this movie on DVD
½ January 8, 2013
Tassa tuntui olevan asiat ihan kohdillaan mutta silti jokin tokki.
½ December 7, 2012
Was on sky movies randomly, watched it for a part and it was better than i thought it would be. A supernatural horror like the first film and generally is an interesting Silent Hill-esque story with supernatural undertones.

Some clever tense music and shock factor moments too. Better story than the confusing Grudge films of late.

Nathan Fillion does a good job as the lead character Abe Dale.
Katee Sackhoff who plays Sherry Clarke also acts well with good chemistry.

Was like :

Silent Hill , White Noise

An intelligent supernatural story which in my mind was overlooked by critics, twists and turns maintains atmospheric integrity.
October 28, 2012
too many loose ends and convenient plot twists for me to give it a great rating. no consistency in story. Seemed like a lifetime movie.
½ October 25, 2012
One of those movies that makes you think.
October 24, 2012
Feels like the first film, but more of a scifi made for cable feel.
½ October 14, 2012
Don't bother with the first, just watch this one
August 21, 2012
ok...it had potential to be a an ok movie but failed miserably. i thought it was horrible
½ July 23, 2012
This movie spends too much time trying to creep out the viewers (to the point of creep overload) that it sacrifices on storyline. Poorly developed, written and acted.
½ July 21, 2012
Man, just don't like the ending..why couldn't he help her find a way not to kill?!
July 11, 2012
The first film although having an interesting idea was too slow and ploddy, the sequel ups the action but is still dull. The white noise idea of communicated with the afterlife is never really exploded and cheap effects and emotion is used instead.
June 22, 2012
Not bad but did it scare me ? :/
½ June 12, 2012
White Noise 2 is not a sequel. It's a standalone film. And it's totally cool. Nathan Fillion is excellent.
May 3, 2012
This film is powerful but one of the best supernatural films you will enjoy.
April 26, 2012
By far the best scary movie I've seen in a long time! I don't get scared easily, but this movie had me out of my skin!
April 24, 2012
nice idea, bad ending
April 19, 2012
It could have been worse.
½ April 9, 2012
If you enjoyed "White Noise," and are looking for a sequel that will pick up where its predecessor left off, then you will be disappointed. If you are seeking a far better, deeper, and more thought out movie in the same genre, then you will be in for a refreshing surprise. "White Noise 2: The Light" accomplishes everything you want in a horror movie: scares, suspense, a dramatic rises and falls in storyline, and it leaves you thinking a bit at the end, which is an added bonus for a horror flick!

"White Noise 2," which was released in 2007, contains none of the same characters or plotline from the original. Its only resemblance is that they both deal with EVP (electronic voice phenomena.) This movie is original in that it deals with a man who loses his family to a double homicide, and then experiences a near death experience himself. As a result, he can now see a light (hence the title) surrounding people who will meet their death in a short amount of time. He discovers that he now has the power to intervene in these people's lives, thus altering the chain of events leading to their death. The catch, as they say, is that these interventions don't come without consequences.

The main character and protagonist, ably played by Nate Fillion, is a well-written character that keeps you interested throughout the duration of the film. Fillion plays him in a subtle way, and the acting in this movie is richer, more believable, and deeper than most of what you will find in this genre. You begin to care about his plight, which usually does not happen in these movies. The supporting actors do a good job of moving the story along and keeping the tension building.

The screenplay is pretty solid in this one. Thanks to some decent writing and character development, a rare trait in this genre, the viewer is pulled into the world of the characters, and stays submerged in the plot line until the resolution (perhaps) at the end. The writing allows for several surprises, and as I mentioned, will have you talking about it at the end.

The direction and photography in this film are pretty solid as well. The movie does employ the typical scare tactics you might find in many horror movies, but that's to be expected in a movie like this, and doesn't really detract from the film. It has several of the "music crescendo to quick jump" moments, but the director wants to build suspense, and not have the viewer relax. It is clear the director took his job seriously, and had every intention of creating a scary, fun, intricate story. In my opinion, he succeeded.

Overall, this movie is well worth the hour and a half it takes to watch it. While I may not go out and purchase the commemorative laser disc edition, it was an entertaining and enjoyable movie, and it even succeeds in scaring you a bit. With so many movies in this genre leaving the viewer disappointed, I would say that "White Noise 2: The LIght" does not disappoint, and is worth a look. Oh, and for those of you on a tight budget, it is also showing for free on Netflix now, which is always a bonus!