Whitney: Can I Be Me Reviews

• Mar 16, 2019

Sorry Nick but the documentary format has moved on. This is so functional, that other than the odd idea which is hinted at you're left at the end none the wiser. Whitney's life story seems tragic, complicated and very interesting but this doesn't ever get beneath the surface I'm afraid.

• Feb 19, 2019

tragic and insightful.

tragic and insightful.

• Aug 28, 2018

I was never a big Whitney Houston fan- too much pop/too little R&B- but this is a GREAT and devastating documentary among the great music docs. Don't miss it.

• Jul 10, 2018

Revelador documental.

Revelador documental.

• Jul 10, 2018

it's obvious only after whitney's death her sell out family would expose all this garbage, not really sure if it's entirely true because obviously whitney's not here to defend herself. They obviously got paid as well it seemed. Bobby was the only loyal one whitney. she would be rolling over in her grave because of her family who's obviously responsible for her death. Worst bio pic I've ever seen to date.

• Oct 10, 2017

I normally like these type of documentaries, and whilst this is ok, I just didn't really feel anything. Sad to see such a talent destroy herself though.

• Nicki M Super Reviewer
    Oct 05, 2017

Felt surprisingly short and as if it could have covered more. Admittedly I have never been a fan or followed Whitney's career, so I knew next to nothing about her anyhow, aside from the hits and the drug abuse, marriage to Bobby Brown etc. I am assuming most interested in this would probably go into it with a bit more background than I did. I did get the impression of a slightly sad, insecure woman, which isn't at all what I would have pictured. Focuses more on the personal than the music, which I appreciated, but still could have gone a bit deeper.

• Oct 01, 2017

Never able to incorporate in any way consolable to her deeply religious fundementalist self her heterosexual & her homosexual selves into a fully robust bi-sexual personality she was eventually torn asunder with cocaine drink & drugs the only healing balm to sooth such a wound,

• Sep 27, 2017

legend, rest in peace

legend, rest in peace

• Sep 19, 2017

Es una lástima que todo ese buen material sobre la vida de Whitney Houston no hubiera sido explotado a fondo. La historia, como la de muchas como ella, proviene de un mundo bien desajustado plagado por las drogas y el alcohol. En el caso de Whitney hay otros elementos interesantes pero todo es presentado como si fuera un informe de uno de esos canales de información de farándula, nada más. Hubiera sido una gran historia...