Who Am I This Time? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Who Am I This Time? Reviews

October 17, 2014
Great small-town story, extraordinary performances from Walken and Sarandon.
½ September 13, 2014
This is one of the most amazng films I have seen...ever. It was one of Christopher Walken's first films and an incredible piece of acting. Opposite was Susan Sarandon in an equally amazing role. This is a sleeper. I am astounded at how few people have seen it. SEE IT!
May 17, 2013
Walken as Brando as Kowalski is by turns hilarious and poignant, while Sarandon is able to shift effortlessly between the role of Stella and a suddenly smitten woman who, for the first time, thinks she's found love.
January 13, 2013
I just purchased and watched, Who Am I This Time, and Loved it. It was great. Watching Christopher Walken and Susan Sarandon over 30 years ago was a treat. Christopher, when acting a part in the film, was incredible. Hearty Thumbs Up.
May 12, 2012
Two people who are both incredably emotionally repressed use the mechanism of being someone else in a play to learn to relate to each other. Well done, you will enjoy this.
March 23, 2011
The trinity- Vonnegut, Demme, AND Walken! Clever story, and great performance by Walken especially. Overall charming film.
February 5, 2011
Walke and Sarandon and Ridgely are all really good. Worth seeing it for them. The pace is a little weird cause it's so short. But there are some very cute moments. Worth checking out.
January 8, 2011
December 6, 2010
Christopher Walken is the man!!!
½ September 11, 2010
One of the most charming little love stories I've ever seen, in an hour-long TV movie. Christopher Walken and Susan Sarandon are fantastic in their roles, and their roles within roles. I'd recommend it even more strongly for theater nerds.
May 15, 2010
I remember seeing this played in one of my college classes when I was a teenager. We never got to see the rest of it, but I was so intrigued by the story and characters, that years later, I looked it up on Netflix and finished watching it.

What a fun and cute romance! It makes love seem available to even the oddest of us.
August 20, 2009
Horribly disappointed by this film. I like the idea behind the story (I mean, it came from Kurt Vonnegut for Christ's sake), but I think it's failed in the execution (even more surprising considering it's Demme). When Christopher Walken is on the stage, he is brilliant, but when he is hamming it up as a complete baffoon (he's half retarded) off the stage, it's bad. The most entertaining out of the cast is Robert Ridgely, who most might know for a small part in Boogie Nights and who captures the spirit of a local community theater director well. It's innocent, but also very cheesy and the ending is pure 80's freeze frame bile.
shannylee38
½ April 10, 2009
Try to visualize Christopher Walken as Marlon Brando!
February 9, 2009
short/feature.

I think this is my favorite Vonnegut short story - and for me the chemistry between Walken and Sarandon is what puts this piece over the top. There's something inherently nostalgic about it, yet the performances are still vibrant and fresh to me. I really like this one a lot.
January 23, 2009
Another favorite "quiet film" of mine, this stars a young Susan Sarandon and Christopher Walken. Based on a short story written by Kurt Vonnegut.
January 1, 2009
very cute. love jonathan demme.
½ December 31, 2008
It was a cute little film, nothing special though. It doesn't fully do Vonnegut's short story justice, but it could have gone a lot worse, and it was likable enough.
August 7, 2008
Christopher Walken has always scared me, but this movie is pretty cute. It's a nice length, less than an hour, and it's got a nice storyline, for a short. There are some discrepancies in filming, but it's very low budget anyway.
½ June 12, 2008
Wonderful acting by both Christopher Walken & Susan Sarandaon! A film I would very much recommend seeing...
April 30, 2008
Christopher Walken is my soul mate.