Reviews

• Jul 15, 2020

Not in the least bit entertaining.

Not in the least bit entertaining.

• Apr 25, 2018

Ok comedy/mystery. The much heralded murders are a bit lackluster, though

Ok comedy/mystery. The much heralded murders are a bit lackluster, though

• May 04, 2013

Devilishly amusing, even witty. A crime comedy movie with a balanced approached to each. George Segal and his ex wife reluctantly become detectives trying to solve just whom is murdering the master chefs of Europe. [img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGFoIOZ_zkPAt18wrCn3KgYdrLJFzT5GGzAuHVyQJDQYHMJ1ckqA[/img] George Segal left, Robert Morely center, Bisset right Who Is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe? is a 1978 comedy mystery film starring George Segal, Jacqueline Bisset, and Robert Morley. It is based on the novel Someone is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe by Nan and Ivan Lyons. The chefs are each killed in a manner reflecting their most famous dishes; for example, the lobster chef is drowned (in the book the recipe for each dish is given). Well done in all respects, great cinematography of many tourist spots in Europe. From the start you know you are on a gastronomic trip of caloric proportions! [img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWWt5-9LNSDYEYqSK6WQMqIqlSyUDQvCS-taGr1i47NRMIr2m2[/img] This early scene in the film is about as risque as this film gets, all done with humor of course.... SEE it all here at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNL2yGReKsQ&list=PL943CDA52348692B5 Oscar winner Henry Mancini, composer, provides the soundtrack to this one. George Segal, oft times a comedian in film does his usual fine performance as a fast food enteprenuer once married to a master chef herself, Bissett. Veteran actor Robert Morely owns a gastro intellect magazine who is over weight, overly intellectual and overly obscessed with all the chefs of Europe. [img]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/FNL2yGReKsQ/0.jpg[/img] REVIEWS: ----90% Who is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe? is a pretty good suspence-comedy from 1978. George Segal is good as the fast-food man who finds himself be... More ---- As for the whodunit? When the killer was finally revealed I had guessed wrong and enjoyed evey moment. NOTES: 1 Playing a pompous gourmet in this film was Robert Morley who due to the popularity of the character went onto make a series of successful television commercials for Heinz soup. [img]http://filmfanatic.org/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/whos-killing-cake.png[/img] Awards Robert Morley won Best Supporting Actor at the 1978 Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards (1978) and at the National Society of Film Critics Awards (1979). He was also nominated for Golden Globe for Best Motion Picture Actor in a Supporting Role along with Jacqueline Bisset for Best Motion Picture Actress (1979). Directed by Ted Kotcheff Produced by William Aldrich Written by Peter Stone Starring George Segal Jacqueline Bisset Robert Morley Jean-Pierre Cassel Philippe Noiret Jean Rochefort Music by Henry Mancini Cinematography John Alcott Studio Lorimar Distributed by Warner Bros. Release date(s) October 5, 1978 Running time 112 minutes Country United States/West Germany Language English [img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQu25VvWBN8MBHBPaiIEVg7QRqfsDD_QyNs9ge39Kc2UbMizSyI[/img]

• Mar 13, 2011

So-so comedy is made better than it deserves by a good cast, especially George Segal.

• Feb 03, 2011

Who is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe? is a pretty good suspence-comedy from 1978. George Segal is good as the fast-food man who finds himself being a prime suspect for three murders in London, Paris, and Venice. Jacqueline Bisset, as his ex-wife and intended fourth victem, is a better actress here than she is in most of her movies. However, the best performance in the movie is given by Robert Morley, as an obese food critic with an acidic sense of humor. You may be asking me why my grade isn't higher, and I'll tell you why. The movie has a grim way of killing off the chefs that is very graphic and throws the entire movie of balance. However, I usually skip those scenes and the movie becomes better as a whole.

• Feb 02, 2011

I love this movie, I really do. I saw this in a motion picture appreciation class, and I wish I still had my review for it. This movie has a sort of "Clue" thing going on. It makes you think and wonder who the killer is. As good as I am at predicting movies, this one totally had me stumped until the end... even then, there is a little twist on top of that!

• Aug 12, 2009

Who's Killing the Great Chefs of Europe is a tasty, intriguing, and enjoyable romp of a movie. The food looks great, Jacqueline Bisset looks even better, the European locations are stunning, and the whole movie is a wonderful hybrid of mystery and comedy. It's an awful lot of fun and has sadly fallen under the radar. This is one movie that need to be rediscovered. It's great fun!

• Jun 04, 2009

An old favorite...saw it when I was a kid and had nightmares about duck presse...saw it years later and laughed but still enjoyed it..

• Apr 30, 2009

One of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in a long time.

One of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in a long time.

• Jul 06, 2008

One of my all-time favorite movies... gorgeous food, solid humor... love love love it!