Who is KK Downey? Reviews

• Aug 13, 2011

Awesome and funny film paralleling the story of JT Leroy (which makes it great). Also I believe it shows why A Million Little Pieces was embellished and put forth as a memoir: "No one wants to hear these stories from a fat suburban white kid." The film is also a great and amusing commentary on hipster culture in general and how ridiculous it can become.

• May 17, 2010

A delicious piece of contemporary cultural criticism satirizing the hipsters and scenesters with an edgy north of the border - Kids In the Hall sort of vibe.

• Jan 06, 2010

This has a good amount of it's screen time that feels like a skit on an ensemble comedy show, but it's still amusing and fun. Two friends hatch a plan to make the abused male hustler drug addict protagonist of their novel a reality by having one of them assume his role in store appearances, only to have it all go to their heads as fame finds them. Worth a rental if you run across it.

• Dec 15, 2009

This is a somewhat strange comedy, its fun and its very different from other movies I have seen. The characters are strange characters and the story is about some of the shenanigans they experience and get into.

• Apr 27, 2009

DIE hipster scum ..... or maybe just grow up and get a real life.

DIE hipster scum ..... or maybe just grow up and get a real life.

• Nov 14, 2008

I'm not sure what to say about this. I love flicks about the rise and fall of someone, however the fall part of this movie isn't really there. Some of the frantic scenes reminded me of NBK minus the violence but it just didn't live up to it's potential.

• Oct 22, 2008

some really funny stuff and lots of promising talent!

some really funny stuff and lots of promising talent!

• Oct 22, 2008

viewed Tuesday oct 21, 2008 toronto after dark

viewed Tuesday oct 21, 2008 toronto after dark

• Oct 08, 2008

Les films sont plates au cinéma? Ben le problème c pas les films, mais les cinémas. Fréquentez les cinémas qui ne projettes pas que des Jerry Bruckheimer. Comme au cinéma du parc pour les classiques et au AMC forum, pour les films indépendants comme KK Downey. Une comédie très cru puisqu'elle nous montre l'envers du monde de la scène artistique où parfois le messager est plus important que le message... Alors chaussez un alias et allez voir le film.

• Sep 18, 2008

Shot in Mtl. and quite entertaining...

Shot in Mtl. and quite entertaining...