Reviews

suspense + great acting

suspense + great acting

• Jill V C
    Sep 09, 2021

Just great. Finally a film both intelligent and thought provoking.

Just great. Finally a film both intelligent and thought provoking.

• JoAnn B
    Sep 07, 2021

At first I thought it was slow going and a bit disjointed, however it picked up and made sense, I enjoyed it. Juliette Binoche is a stellar professional and the other actors were excellent. It is an unusual movie with an unusual plot and I would encourage anyone to see it, especially if they are Binoche fans.

• Lester S
    Sep 05, 2021

Binoche is extraordinary. The breadth and depth of her performance is completely compelling.

• Jeanne K
    Sep 04, 2021

Juliette Binoche owns this movie and is wonderful in it.

Juliette Binoche owns this movie and is wonderful in it.

• Sep 03, 2021

Beautiful movie, actress and direction ! Safy Nebbou's work is gorgeous, we fall into the vertigo and we adore this ! The light, the camera, the focus on the main character… I saw it many times and it's always better than the last time :-)

• Sep 03, 2021

Difficile de voter contre :))))))

Difficile de voter contre :))))))

• Nov 22, 2020

After a truncated cinematic run earlier this year, French writer-director Safy Nebbou's film now lands on Netflix and is a must-see for Juliette Binoche fans. She plays Claire, a 50-years-old divorcee who after being unceremoniously dumped by a boyfriend who's young enough to be her son, she begins an online relationship with an equally young mate of her ex, using the photo and profile of a woman half her age. However, before you can say Poisson-Chat the film, it takes a few unexpected turns that pique your interests and by employing a variety of narrative devices to play out different scenarios, it mixes reality and fiction, perception and deception dextrously to explore a plethora of subjects ranging from social media to age and beauty and of course the loneliness of a more mature woman in Claire's position. The casting of Binoche is crucial as she is able to draw the audience and their sympathies onto her side, even when she is, at times, behaving in a borderline psychotic manner. Anyone else less visually appealing or, someone less vulnerable and/or more menacing (like, say, a Sharon Stone) and this film would have a completely different tone. Which is also what makes this an intriguing and provocative film worthy of your (lockdown) time despite a second half that turns more schlocky as it keeps trying to pull the rug out from under its audience's feet, down to its very last scene.

• Sep 24, 2020

Sadly this movie didn't generate enough hype in 2019 but it is sure a great Thriller with an outstanding performance.m by Isabelle Hupert

• Jan 21, 2020

I saw the film on a flight, was not familiar with the title and watched because of Binoche. It's a FRENCH film, and doesn't disappoint. Very surprised by the ending.