The Whole Ten Yards - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Whole Ten Yards Reviews

½ January 19, 2014
A very lazy & pointless sequel that has no laughs at all
January 16, 2014
The Whole Nine Yards was an unimpressive film, so I figured that The Whole Ten Yards couldn't hurt.

In The Whole Ten Yards, we don't have to bother to waste time learning who the characters are since they were all introduced in The Whole Nine Yards, and it instead attempts to make do with what characters there are. And even though the plot is stupid, it's expected since it's built on being the sequel of a ridiculous film. And even though critics everywhere would disagree, I believe it's an improvement over its predecessor.
And most of the comedy in The Whole Ten Yards is built on the comedic chemistry between Matthew Perry and Bruce Willis. Since this time around Bruce Willis actually receives sufficient screen time, watching him and Matthew Perry go at it in a comedy is actually a lot more bearable than in The Whole Nine Yards. I honestly laughed a hell of a lot in the scene where Jimmy Tudeski took a running dive through a pyramid of shot glasses. Really, their chemistry makes The Whole Ten Yards easier to watch than most critics suggest.
And their performances are good individually, with Bruce Willis giving a domineering strength to his character and Matthew Perry supplying his social awkwardness to the role again.
Amanda Peet also does a strong job in her role again as she shows off her ability for emotional intensity.
The one cast member who didn't really get sufficient screen time in In The Whole Ten Yards was Natasha Henstridge, but even the she still have a strong performance within the timeframe of her few lines.

The negative elements of the film are large, and it's the fact that like The Whole Nine Yards, The Whole Ten Yards is stupid. It has a dumb script, sporadical laughs and a confusing plot, and of course director Howard Deutch failed to be able to save that. I mean, there isn't anything in The Whole Ten Yards to save it from being a bad film or an inconsistent comedy. It's nothing special and not worth going out of your way for.

So although The Whole Ten Yards isn't as bad as critics say and it has some laughs as well as a good cast, it's still a poor quality film with insufficient laughs.
December 1, 2013
What is happening to the world?! I actually really enjoyed watching this movie. Bruce Willis and Matthew Perry are hilarious in it! Kevin Pollak was also pretty funny.
October 29, 2013
Not as original or funny as The Whole Nine Yards but the audacious low rankings from critics speaks volumes as to how self absorbed they become after watching a few amazing films. The Whole Ten Yards has enough laughs and even though the chemistry between the cast isn't as strong as the first movie their is still enough to wrap yourself up in the ludicrous story.
September 26, 2013
i thought unlike other reviews this sequel was good but im a Bruce Willis fan
July 23, 2013
Yeah, the movie wasn't really that good after hearing other people's opinions and seeing if for myself. It did make me laugh at some points but not really all the time. It does somewhat make sense ], but the plot of revenge has been used so many times in movies. Overall, It's sort of ok, but not as good compared to the first movie, but I still watch it from time to time. 5/10
½ July 22, 2013
The nadir of movie sequels.
½ July 20, 2013
No one can honestly say that the Whole Nine Yards was even a very good movie in the first place, so the sequel was guaranteed to be bad, but this is beyond bad and toward absolute worthless crap.
½ July 19, 2013
I found the The Whole Nine Yards to be mostly unfunny so it was surprising to see just how much worse this one was.
May 28, 2013
yeah its pretty funny and even quirkier than the first. Not as good as the first but still a good comedy. The bar scene is hillarious.
April 29, 2013
not funny and at the same time not boring.
April 2, 2013
I can't believe this movie still appears on cable. I guess Comcast is crappy just like its programming.
February 22, 2013
I'm sure I have seen this film but I don't quite remember it.
½ February 14, 2013
Why was there a sequel? It did have a couple of laughs in it, more than I can say for the first one. However it's also a ramp up of the stereotypes and even has a bad mafia angle. I can't begin to explain how annoying Matthew Perry's character is, and even he isn't as bad as the villain. The story makes no sense, and it fails as both an action picture and as a comedy. Why did I bother watching this?
February 8, 2013
Steaming pile of crap just about sums up The Whole Ten Yards. While most of the cast from Nine Yards returns, their performances are atrociously bad. But even worse than the performances, is the story. All of the clever humor and fun that make the first film so entertaining is gone in this idiotic and appalling sequel.
January 30, 2013
I love Amanda Peet!!
December 27, 2012
El personaje de Bruce Willis en esta pelicula es muy divertido jeje nadie mejor que el para interpretarlo, mis escenas favoritas son donde llora. Se logra un gran elenco con Matthew Perry y Amanda Peet.
December 12, 2012
This is pretty much on par with the first one. I think in many aspects I liked this one more.
December 7, 2012
Funny yet predictable not really the best comedy ever ive seen
November 27, 2012
"The Whole Nine Yards" was bad enough. Was Bruce Willis' presence alone enough to warrant a sequel? Because nothing else warranted it.

As such, the film did meet expectations, but certainly didn't exceed them. Boring, repetitive, and every plot, every joke, predictable from the other side of the country.

The dictionary definition of flogging a dead horse.

Fool on me for watching it, I guess.