Who's That Girl? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Who's That Girl? Reviews

½ May 17, 2016
This is so bad that it accidentally entertained me with how awful nearly every aspect of it actually was! Madonna gives a horrible performance, yet like a train wreck, I can't look away! The comedy is bizarre to the point that you can't really take anything about this movie seriously. I can't say I hate it, but I can't recommend it either.
March 21, 2016
Probably the most insane movie I've ever seen.
December 28, 2015
This movie has a very good plot. It tells a story about two people from different worlds who were both wronged by the same people. The movie presents a humorous and action-packed storyline that culminates with the pair getting their reward.
April 5, 2015
It is just a crappy movie. Don't watch it. I give the movie a half a star, and the two cougars their own half-star.
½ July 25, 2014
Inept. God awful. A film that plays like a how-to guide on what not to do with a comedy. Everything is contrived and so over the top that it feels like a cartoon with very bad actors.
June 18, 2014
Loudon Trott is an uptight and snobbish attorney who is getting ready to marry his boss's daughter. He is told to go pick up a woman by the name of Nikki who is just being released from jail and see to it she gets on a bus. Instead she drags him around on this crazy adventure because she is trying to clear her name. I thought this was a good comedy. Madonna was pretty funny but there were times were she was just trying to hard and was annoying. I think she was trying to do an accent and it got to be too much at times. There were some cheesy parts but all In good fun. Other than that it was a pretty enjoyable movie. And of course Madonna adds pretty much the ajority of the music for the movie which is good because I liked alot of her songs from the 80's which included Who's That Girl. Plus this is an 80's movie which makes it good for me. I was defiantly entertained by this movie.
May 25, 2014
She has a knack for comedy that NO ONE has taken the time to monopolize on....

It's to bad that Madonna herself even hates this movie as I recall- I could be wrong... I love her though. It's got some cheese and camp for sure....
February 25, 2014
Undeniably fun. A reliably nonsensical movie featuring Madonna as a surprisingly charming petty thief. Every character in the movie is a caricature except for th wild cat who brings in a deeply moving performance. Good fun!
July 26, 2013
This movie is hilarious and Madonna proves she has the comedic chops to hold it all together. Madonna is brilliant comedic actress.
April 12, 2013
For when your in goofy mood.
January 21, 2013
J'ai aime, bonne histoire mais venant de Madonna c'est sur que je suis conquise!!
January 20, 2013
Sometimes when you are famous for being a singer you will get to star in a total piece of crap.
January 10, 2013
I Always loved this movie, its great for the entire family. its a corky movie so dont expect a serious madonna, but tons of clean action fun for the entire family!
December 30, 2012
Directed by James Foley (Glengarry Glen Ross (1992), Fear (1996) and The Chamber (1986), this is a screwball romantic comedy for the 1980's, which had the biggest female singer of that time as it's lead, even though her previous foray into films, (Shanghai Surprise (1986)), had been a massive flop. It's not as bad as what the critics made out, and it has some good set pieces as well. When Nikki Finn (Madonna) comes out of jail after a 4 year being framed for robbery and disposing of a body. New York tax lawyer Loudon Trott (Griffin Dunne) has been assigned with ensuring Nikki catches a bus to Philadelphia, and also pick up a live cougar for rich animal activist Montgomery Bell (John Mills). However, Nikki proves to be a handful, Loudon has been loaned a Rolls Royce by his father-in-law-to-be Simon Worthington (John McMartin), and it seems like it'll be an easy job, but within no time at all, the Rolls is ruined, the cougar escapes, Nikki misses her bus and then they're targeted by pimps Raoul (Coati Mundi) and Benny (Dennis Burkley), who had framed Nikki. It's a very silly film, but it's also enjoyable. Madonna proves to have good comic timing too, and it makes up for her last trip into acting. It's not perfect, but it's like one of those old fashioned comedies updated to the 1980's
December 10, 2012
I enjoyed it. Kinda took a little effort to get use to the persona Madonna was trying to create but i had a good laugh. I thought it was released in 1987 though.. Is the info wrong or am i just blind xP..
½ September 20, 2012
Not too bad, I watched it the whole way through. Not very realistic, but truthfully much better than most of today's commercial comedies.
½ August 7, 2012
madonna acting like herself.
July 23, 2012
THIS MOVIE IS A CLASSIC. Probably the only good MADONNA movie!
July 12, 2012