Who's Harry Crumb? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Who's Harry Crumb? Reviews

½ August 18, 2016
Candy as a bumbling detective who helps a heiress in this silly comedy entry.
½ July 23, 2016
While John Candy is in one of his best roles, Who's Harry Crumb? is dated and fails emotionally.
½ May 27, 2016
Candy stars as a private investigator ln this funny predictable comedy
½ November 27, 2015
This is a funny movie. Not one of John Candy's better films, but certainly not his worst.
November 22, 2015
Watched this for the first time a few months ago. It had some funny parts, but I didn't find John Candy as funny in this as some of his other movies.
½ June 1, 2015
harry crumb is john candy and john candy makes harry crumb a film worth watching
January 2, 2015
So-so John Candy movie is fine for older tweens. Ages 12+
November 30, 2014
this one really cracked me up reminded me of WC fields
November 16, 2014
classic scene in the health spa with the fake beard
November 6, 2014
lol Nice to get a free 5$ credit with pizza from Vudu....I picked this one out of the 5 dollars movie to own cause FUCK the Karate Kid Zzzzzzzz lol......
½ August 7, 2014
(First and only viewing - 2/17/2010)
May 6, 2014
When Harry (John Candy), the last of the great sleuthing Crumbs - and the last person in the firm to ever get an assignment - finally gets a shot at a frontpage kidnapping, it's only because his beady-eyed boss Eliot Drasen (Jeffery Jones) doesn't want the case solved. At stake is the gorgeous daughter of multi-millionare P.J. Downing (Barry Corbin), a $10 million ransom, and Eliots's hot-to-trot mistress (Annie Potts). Attired in a bizarre array of goofball disguises, from a Hungarian hairdresser to a hefty housewife - Harry is bound, gagged and determined to crack the case and prove that when it comes to crime, he's one Crumb that won't be swept under the carpet.

also stars Tim Thomerson, Shawnee Smith, Valri Bromfield, Doug Steckler and Renee Coleman.

directed by Paul Flaherty.
December 29, 2013
I came away from this film more annoyed than amused.
November 6, 2013
boring and predictable plot very corney and cheesy hard to watch and i love john candy
September 23, 2013
Dumb, but pretty funny.
½ August 23, 2013
some people might find this movie hilarious but even after subsequent viewings it just doesnt draw me in. something gets lost along the way and it is like what the???? feeling thru out.
½ June 9, 2013
They don't make comedy like this no more :(( Really funny in places and some really clever lines too!

If you miss the 80s, please see this movie (you will get an overdose and not miss them anymore. For a while.).
½ March 5, 2013
John Candy was an incredibly funny man, but unfortunately he got roped into starring in a lot of turkeys - this being one of the worst.
½ February 15, 2013
Of course it was a predictable and goofy story but there are some truly fantastic comedy moments in this film... The bicycle scene, the phone booth scene and the airport scene were just so fantastically written and John Candy performed them effortless-y... He really did know his strength was in comedy and this is another movie of his that's just such enjoyable family fun!
January 26, 2013
Candy is funny, but doesn't reach that gold standard we later held him to. This movie isn't going to make anybody a fan of John, but if you are before watching it, it won't change your mind either.