Who's the Man? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Who's the Man? Reviews

½ February 23, 2009
I saw this for the first time, years ago. I watch it now and its still just the way I remember it. There is a nice blend of comedy and serious undertones to crime in Harlem. Good stuff.
February 21, 2009
Keep your dick fingers away from this movie!
½ January 30, 2009
This movie was bad when it came out and did not translate well over time.
½ November 10, 2008
As far as these kind of films go, I've seen worst.
½ September 16, 2008
Wacky buddy comedy with the backdrop of early 90's hip hop. Though not very good, it is very entertaining.
September 11, 2008
I only watched this because I saw that Dr. Dre was in it, and it took me until halfway through the movie to realize that it was talking about the Yo! MTV Raps host and not the rapper/producer who was still pretty cool in 1993. Fairly lame, but on the upside, there are a shitload of rapper cameos plus Bernie Mac.
½ July 15, 2008
I have always loved this movie. If you love hip hop you will see so many cameo's from the who's who in early 90's hip hop. The story is not that bad and the acting is what you would expect from two ex MTV hosts. The scenes with Denis Leary are priceless and it is kinda fun to see Bernie Mac, Bill Belamy and Colin Quinn in an early role.
June 30, 2008
Who's the man!! Who's who?
½ May 12, 2008
Review will be written when/if re-watched (Probability: Zero).

First viewing: 20.06.1998
½ April 12, 2008
It was...alright...I guess.

For the longest time, I thought Doctor Dre and Dr. Dre were the same guy, I'd wonder how he lost all the weight.

Then I realized it was two different people and all it did was bring on a whole new bunch of questions.

Ignore this review, I'm tired.
½ April 9, 2008
This has two turds, who got their start hosting a program that showcased the "freshest" new songs by the worst performers in easily the worst musical genre, rap. This movie is about as entertaining as listening to rap music, and rap songs are about as "fresh" as the breeze off of one of my turds.
½ April 6, 2008
yep could've been better
½ March 29, 2008
I know not a great movie, but it was funny. And Dennis Leary was crazy in the movie!!
½ February 9, 2008
Hilarious film about two men (former YoMTV Raps hosts Ed Lover and Doctor Dre) who sell out and get jobs as "the man" (the police). At first, they don't take the job seriously until one of their friends dies and its up to them to solve this funky mystery, gangsta-style. Look for a ton of old school or has been rappers to pop up in cameos within this film. Denis Leary stands out in a hilarious turn as the chief of police who needs to seriously invest in some anger management courses. Fun film from the early 90's that was fun to watch as a child!
January 11, 2008
Thes e Two best friends wanted to become cops but they became barbers
½ January 6, 2008
Great one! Very funny!
½ December 31, 2007
Great Hip Hop who's who cast. Funny and enjoyable. Nice piece of work.
December 15, 2007
Story really isnt that bad, bareable. If you are an old school hip hop fan, you with greatly appreciate the music and the apperances.
November 29, 2007
One of the classic movies of all-time!!!!