Why We Ride - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Why We Ride Reviews

½ September 12, 2014
'On Any Sunday' made me want to ride my motorcycle. 'Why We Ride' made me want to hug my motorcycle. Overdone in feelings but ultimately lacking in substance. When it was over I thought 'amazing', but a week late it was forgotten. If you don't ride, this movie will make you want to ride!... for a week or so.
½ September 12, 2014
Why We Ride (2013)

This is not a movie that you'll see on TV, so if you get a chance to view this movie, see it. This is a documentary about motorcycles. You can't help thinking of the movie On Any Sunday (1971), but this one is incredible with modern wide-screen photography and sound quality. There's a full orchestra and choir that gives you the shivers as you see people riding motorcycles across beautiful landscapes.

It covers the many types of motorcycles, their sporting events, and the many characters that talk about their love of motorcycles; some of them aren't even teen agers yet, and some of them are old-timers, pioneers of the motorcycle racing world. There are amazing stories of how motorcycles have literally changed people's lives, but mostly it's about the love affair that riders have with their motorcycles and how it makes them feel.

I'm a scooter rider myself, so naturally, I may be prejudiced, but I loved this movie and I think that even if you're not a motorcycle enthusiast, that you'll enjoy this movie too.
TheDudeLebowski65
½ July 10, 2014
The passion of riding a motorcycle is an aspect of many people. With Why We Ride, we get an in depth look at this passion, the reasons why people are attracted to motorcycles and why they love to race. I've seen my fair share of motorcycle documentaries, and Why We Ride is one of the best that I have seen. The documentary gives the viewer a look at the passion and connection that riders have, and it's a captivating look at the bike culture. The history of the machine is explored here as well, and it's an in depth, an entertaining look at this culture. Motorcycles are wonderful, and are a lot of fun to ride, and with Why We Ride is a memorable and well crafted documentary that tells about the passion of motorcycling. With interviews from different rides, this is a well crafted documentary that gives you incredible insight about this passion, and you end up understanding their drive, their wiliness to enjoy the open road on a motorcycle. As someone who's ridden motorcycles, I thoroughly enjoyed this film, and I definitely understand where every rider comes from. Not only that, but this documentary is quite inspirational as well. I thoroughly enjoyed the documentary, and it captures a terrific subject on camera, and for everyone who is interested or loves motorcycles, this is a must watch documentary, a superb film that you won't forget and above all, you'll have a much broader understanding about this passion. Motorcycles are a lot of fun, they're sexy, beautiful and when you get on a bike, the feeling is unmatched to anything that you've ever felt before. Why We Ride is a great documentary, and a must see for motorcycle enthusiasts.
½ May 30, 2014
Great film for riders and public alike
February 20, 2014
Loved it through and through! 100% Spot ON the money!
February 18, 2014
Great film. The name says it all.
February 3, 2014
Watched it, it was not geared towards the average street rider, but rather the track rider.
December 27, 2013
As a non-racing rider this movie was disappointing...very redundant; scenes mostly biased toward racing and the California scene ...did not get deep into the reasons people ride adventure, dual sport, enduro, general touring, regional or international perspectives. This movie, if done differently could have inspired legions of new riders to motorcycling but unfortunately it was very narrowly focused on why racers (or retired racers) ride. Camera work was good but he music soundtrack was like a 60's documentary.
December 21, 2013
I can not express just how much I loved this documentary. All I can say is that it makes me want a bike that much more. I don't even care what it is.