Wicked, Wicked - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wicked, Wicked Reviews

April 3, 2015
Boring, derivative slasher film; Tiffany Bolling sings the same song too many times, and the film's gimmick - Duovision - is annoying.
February 12, 2013
Overlong but campy and filled with amusing dialogue & situations.
November 12, 2011
Despite its low budget and lousy cast (the biggest name: Edd Byrnes), "Wicked, Wicked" is not as awful as one might guess. The "DuoVision" gimmick is the film's main lure but it's used quite cleverly at times, such as when a character lies about her past and the second screen reveals the seedy truth. Another intriguing element is the score, which is played "live" by a bizarre, elderly organist who often appears on camera. Turns out it's actually reused music from the classic "Phantom of the Opera" silent (which obviously influenced this film's plot). But beware: The contemporary songs warbled by a stalked lounge singer (Tiffany Bolling) are more gruesome than any of the film's stabbings.

Brian De Palma has nothing to worry about.
½ September 17, 2011
Oh dear god this movie is bad, bad. It's WICKED awful. Worse than the stabby homicidal maniac, and far more painful than the script forsaken of all sense, are two musical...events. I can't even call them songs. Horrid, horrid.
August 25, 2011
A thriller set in a gorgeous coastal resort in California? Hot blondes falling victim to an unknown killer? What's not to love?

I enjoyed the Duo-Vision split screen gimmick fairly well, and I think that because of it the flick would hold up to repeated viewings, as there's a lot going on in the screen for the duration of the film.

Worth a rental for sure.
May 8, 2011
Pretty entertaining horror-mystery-comedy employing 'duo-vision' (most of the film is split-screen, showing different perspectives - or locations - simultaneously). Good cast, decent pace, and the gimmick doesn't wear out it's welcome.
½ May 4, 2010
An entire film shown in split-screen. It's too bad that everything in those split screens ranged from mediocre to horrible.
April 24, 2010
Kind of a neat experiment, but I'm not sure 90 minutes of split screen really added enough to want to do it more.
April 21, 2010
just ok besides the lame "gimmick" duo-vision this is campy fun slasher mystery who done it at a run down hotel that looks alot like the hotel del coronado.
½ July 26, 2009
I can't really recommend this at all, and my standards are admittedly masochistic. The split-screen gimmick is not used effectively; there is never any harmony between the two images, one screen always distracts from the other when ever anything is going on (often both sides of the screen simultaneously show us something boring, flat and unimportant, though, so it isn't hard to keep up). There is a measure of witless misogyny and some crappy '70's lounge songs.
June 30, 2009
loved it! was worth seeing and id love to get a copy of this on vhs or dvd!
½ February 24, 2009
i thought was crazy stupid horr movie
January 26, 2009
This movie is HILARIOUS; it could have been a comedy. Skin masks are the new black.
December 14, 2008
ehh. . . . no thanks
November 6, 2008
Got to see this one at a special Halloween screening on the big screen. Really liked it! Had never heard of it before. There is a lot going on with the Duovision - many things to try and pay attention to. All of the characters are slightly off kilter - even the heroes.
November 3, 2008
Absolutely hilarious lost classic. The "DUO-VISION" gimmick is pure genius. We need this on DVD immediately!
½ October 21, 2008
This movie tries really hard & I geuss that's why it comes off so damn funny the one thing that did set it somewhat apart is the "duo-vision" horror once again proves that if nothing else sometimes there good for a laugh & that's 'bout the only good thing I can say for this film