The Wicker Man Reviews

• 3d ago

Talk about a seriously messed up film in so many ways.

Talk about a seriously messed up film in so many ways.

• 5d ago

Nobody asked for this remake, it doesn't improve on the original in anyway whatsoever, in fact there's not a single aspect of this film that isn't utterly terrible. The 1973 original is chilling yet compelling, this is just laughably bad, awful acting, the writing is dreadful and when a scene in your film that's supposed to be serious and scary gains meme status, you know you've done something wrong! I do not understand why Hollywood have repeatedly decided to remake classic horror films that just didn't need touching, if you're going to remake something, it has to have a scope for improvement, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with the original Wicker Man, just like there was no need to remake Psycho, Halloween or Nightmare on Elm Street!

• Sep 10, 2019

Hilariously terrible.

Hilariously terrible.

• Sep 03, 2019

THIS MOVIE IS FUNNY!!!

THIS MOVIE IS FUNNY!!!

• Aug 30, 2019

Seeing Nicolas Cage hamming it up is always good but this Wicker Man is definitely The Room of horror movies owing to tons of unintentional comedy, a quote so memetic they couldn't show it in theaters and saved it for the director's cut and just not feeling creepy. Who cares? As far as I'm concerned, this movie was meant to be a parody of the original film before it ended up being converted into a horror film that's played straight at the very last minute.

• Aug 07, 2019

This film exist when Infinity Gauntlet have malfunctioned then creates another version of The Handmaid's Tale society which instead of male predating women now women predating men, filled with lazy jumpscares, and unintentional humour that everyone keep remembering and made a fun of it

• May 15, 2019

An anti-feminist movie, if ever there was one.

An anti-feminist movie, if ever there was one.

• Apr 21, 2019

Meticulously crafted and elevated by Nicolas Cage's typically committed performance, The Wicker Man is a rare remake that surpass the quality of the original.

• Apr 02, 2019

boring, predictable, no sex, and a bad ending. so glad I saw this on cable so I didn't have to pay to see it in a theater or rent it on cd.

• Mar 15, 2019

Was in the middle of watching this and looked up the RT score. Was surprised it was so low and continued to watch because it was so intriguing and I wanted to see what would happen. Even though this is a remake and apparently didn’t even compare to the original, the ending was terrible! Nick Cage gets a call last minute in the movie, and it didn’t even pertain to the plot. They should have switched things up and arrested or killed these psychos. If I was this dude, I would have started burning sh*t down right before the ceremony! What a moron. Way to ruin a movie! So disappointed.