Wiebo's War - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wiebo's War Reviews

March 26, 2014
Every doc I've seen on natural gas shale fracturing has only confirmed my belief that I was right all along about big oil and gas. This film was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I cried my eyes out. Rest peacefully, Wiebo.
½ February 19, 2014
A movie that is a biopic, about the oil industry, environmental terrorism, and faith - all overlapping.
½ January 27, 2013
This is the story of Wiebo Ludwig, a one-man (or, rather, one-family) E.L.F. of sorts. The documentary does a great job highlighting the problems surrounding the overzealous natural-gas industry, the devastating effects that such an industry can have on a community, and what can result when said community is pushed to the limits of its tolerance.

Definitely worth a viewing for any environmentalists or "fracktivists" out there. This problem will only prove to be more and more of an issue as we move forward. We must use documentaries (and leaders) like this to prepare us for the battles to come...
December 3, 2012
A sad tale of capitalist development, which cares only for profits, and which can be overcome only by (Marxist, not primitive) communism (by scientific, not utopian, socialism).
March 17, 2012
120316: Not sure what to say. Inbreeding is never a good thing. It's an interesting perspective but someone in that crowd is guilty of murder and therefore you'll never see support from me. It's always been interesting to me how religious beliefs can be used to justify any action.
January 18, 2012
Biopic of ecoterrorist Ludwig Wiebo. What is particularly interesting is the take of the politicians on Wiebo's actions and how they successfully slant the media in a particular direction. The fact of the matter is that his grand acts are not beyond the realm of possibility for any individual encountering the horrors of what befell his family.
January 15, 2012
The timeline jumped around WAY too much. It made it sooo hard to follow the order in which things happened. However, only living just a couple towns away from this man and his family, I have heard about him in the news a lot. I had no idea about his family life or his point of view. That was interesting. Although I don't think I would take his side. I think he went about things the wrong way. Some very disturbing scenes.
November 11, 2011
Chronologically confusing, but still effective enough.