Wild Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wild Life Reviews

½ February 16, 2013
One can appreciate the effort involved with animating water colors. The look alone is worth it. Beautiful.
½ July 31, 2012
The animation is all done with oil painting that looks great, but the story is boring and a mess.
½ February 26, 2012
Wild Life" is another of the animated shorts that left me flat this year....VERY, VERY flat. While I appreciated the art style (using a paint on glass technique perfected by the likes of Aleksandr Petrov), I have seen several artists who simply did this much better.
½ February 24, 2012
This is second longest Oscar nominated animated short and it is based on a true story. A young Englishman heads out to the Canadian west to be a cowboy, a rancher. It is kind of a stretch, but his story is compared to the features of comets. Like a documentary, several townspeople give brief observations about this young man. He writes home with embellishments about his wild life, but he doesn't seem to be adjusting so well from derby hats and manners to stetsons and loneliness. This one has an interesting hand-painted look and a solid narrative.
½ February 24, 2012
To me this is the least enjoyable of the 2012 Oscar nominations for best animated short. It has interesting art direction, but the story didn't interest me.