Wild Ocean - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wild Ocean Reviews

January 10, 2014
Could have been a great film about sardine migrations, marine biodiversity, and socioeconomic issues in South African coastal communities. Instead, they give a pseudo-scientific description of marine environmental issues, and a colonialist view of South African culture. Newsflash: sardine biomass has been depleted offshore due to large-scale industrial trawling, not individual community members.
½ August 17, 2011
2.5: Watching an ocean documentary in 3D made me realize how cool nature documentaries, or just about any film actually, would be in 3D Omnimax. I think it will be a while before this is possible in the home theater for a reasonable price though. This is a pretty standard IMAX nature film, which means is well worth ones time, but nothing groundbreaking. I much prefer Herzog's underwater scenes in Encounters at the End of the World, even if they aren't in 3D. Still, this was pretty impressive. There aren't many films with the power to make one realize how incredible evolution on our little planet is.
July 16, 2011
This is a breathtaking adventure as only IMAX can do it, with style, elegance and finesse! The documentary highlights one of nature's greatest migration spectacles, and viewers with the 3D glasses get to see an underwater freeding frenzy, an epic struggle for survival where whales, sharks, dolphins, seals, gannets and billions of fish collide with the most voracious sea predator- mankind! This one was filmed off the Wild Coast of South Africa and reveals the economic and cultural impact of the ocean while celebrating the communal efforts to protect our invaluable marine resources. Another visually stunning IMAX 3D documentary, buy it so your whole family can enjoy the beauty, splendor, and magnificence of the sea! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
½ July 13, 2011
Pretty good for a conservation movie about sardines. Wish it was more colorful and brilliant.
½ February 13, 2011
i t think its a weird movie
January 8, 2011
3D to the max....ah I mean, IMAX. A truly impressive documentary on the world's oceans with a zoom-in on the coast of South Africa. I truly learned alot and saw things I'd never even imagined happening in the world. No CG, no sci-fi, just the facts. I highly recommend this 3D experience. Oh, watch out for the shark other there coming at you!
June 27, 2010
Me and my dad want to see this I'm leaving from Myrtle beach today so y not on the way out haha
February 28, 2010
Just saw this today in the 3D IMAX theater at the San Diego Natural History Museum. fantastic sweeping coastlines and great underwater sequences really made this a great documentary. The 3D effects were really immersive but also unobtrusive. I loved the musical score for this movie as well. Overall a terrific movie to see, with a powerful message as well.
October 18, 2009
great entertainment! a treat for the eyes.
August 29, 2009
a enjoyable and exciting look at the ocean Eco system as it relates to the South African coast. A little preachy at times and states supposition as fact. Discovery channel on steroids. Great family fun.
July 27, 2009
I saw this in 3D on a giant screen in Zion park. It was great.
February 10, 2009